Chapter 27

Asher's POV

I spun the tip of my pointer finger around the rim of the vodka glass I had just served myself. I never was one to drink in the daytime but today was an acceptance since I had a guest over. Just one which was bleak since I was expecting two. That other one specifically was going to have a very exceptional encounter with me.

"Oh! I do hope dearly that she gets well soon. Such an untiming incident." Prim said from my side. I looked over to her and saw her innocent features saden as she processed the news that Devin Maker's wife had a fever.

"When she does you'll meet her honey." I stroked her russet curls.

"Yes of course, when Samantha is well I will bring her to meet our soon to be partners." Devin took a long drink from his glass and soon started to talk about his company and how I was doing the right thing and investing in it. I had to say he was very charismatic. He knew his way with what he said and every word that came out of his mouth sounded professional and as if he was born with a businessman's bone in his body.

"When will we make this official and sign the documents?" I asked.

"Come by my office next week and all the paperwork will be done and ready to be signed."

"Sounds good. It was nice to have you over Mr. Maker. Prim and I will hopefully see you soon." I stood up and at the same accord he did to. He fixed his suit's jacket and then we both shook hands.

"Goodbye." He was then escorted out of the house by one of my housekeepers.

"I can't wait to meet his wife Asher. She sounds wonderful. The way he talks about her is just lovely. You can really tell he cares about her."

I couldn't help but let Prim's words get to me. Even though it had almost been two years since Samantha and I were in a relationship it fumed my insides to know that she got married to another man. I always thought that she would come running back to me and regret ever leaving me, but after that night when she came into my room I never saw her again. She had disappeared into thin air. When I saw her that night at the Williamson's ball I wanted to take her and make her mine and show her that my love for her hadn't diminished during our separation.

I had fucked up that night. Real bad. It was never my intention to hurt her and nor was sleeping with one of her best friends. It just happened in the blur of the moment and there was nothing I could do to stop it or prevent it.

"Honey you okay?"

I looked over to the stunning women sitting next to me. Her hair was let out in it's natural glory and her brown eyes searched my gray ones for any clues as to how I was feeling.

I had met Prim last year at a party my mother had dragged me to. Prim was like an angel who stood out to me. A pure angel. We were and still are polar opposites but that is what entices me. She is an innocent flower while I am a ruthless beast. Yet I can't feel but as if I am hurting her since I love someone else while I'm with her. I'm just dragging her along as a puppy that's there at my beck and call.

"I'm perfectly fine." I gave her a smile and sipped my vodka. The bitter taste stang my throat as it left tingles of its residue.

She smiled back at me and then stood up and held out her perfectly manicured hand to me.

"I feel like dancing. Will you play for me?" 

I took ahold of her small hand and she led me to my grand piano was located. I took a seat on the small piano bench and Prim went over to the middle of the room.

"What do you want me to play you?" I asked as I warmed up by pressing a couple of keys.

"Moonlight Sonata." Of course she would pick that song. I played it for her on our first date and ever since she has fallen in love with that beautiful piece by Beethoven.

I readied my fingers by going to the first keys of the song and then in an instant I played for Prim the wonders of Moonlight Sonata.

I looked over to see Prim's small figure dancing to melody. Her eyes closed and the only thing I knew she was thinking was about every move she was to perfect.

Prim had been in ballet since she was young. She said her mother at first forced her to go to the lessons but then she learned the passion of it and become one with it.

We kept like that until I played the last few keys. She was breathless as she came to a stop from her own world. 

"Wonderful as always." She walked over to my seated figure and pecked my stubbly chin.

"Same goes to you," I said. I stole a quick kiss from her tender lips.

She gave me a small disapproving stare but then replaced it with enjoyment.

"Do you know what I'm craving right know?"

"What?" I asked. She started to walk over to the exit.

"Ice cream. You want to join?" She opened the double doors and started to walk to the foyer. I stood up and followed her out.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"True." 

I gave her a small laugh. We walked out of the front door and made our way to my car.

A/N

I am once again sorry for the late update. I have exams coming soon and I'm trying my best to study cx. Anyway I changed the POV once again. Idk I had writers bloke too and I rewrote this chapter many times and when I did this one I just felt it was good so yo can get to know his character a bit more. Summer break for me is coming soon so hopefully during that time I will be able to update more often and also maybe longer chapters.

Okay so I remade the trailer hope you enjoy it took me a while.

Please vote and comment.

Bye (: