Chapter 44

With courtesies from the Williamson family.

I placed back down the white tent card on the tray full of food, and turned around to look at the lavish scarlet filled hotel room. A week passed since the polo match. I had seen Mrs. Williamson there. She informed me that she scheduled the trip to Spain for Devin and I, saying we were going to love it since she planned everything for a romantic getaway. Only downside to the whole trip was the romantic part. There would be no romance whatsoever during our two week stay.

I walked over to the luggage I packed, and pulled it up on the bed so I could open it.

"I've called for someone to arrange our clothes into the closet so no need to do it yourself," Devin said, walking into the bedroom from the living room. "I found this on the coffee table. It looks like a schedule of things to do throughout the two weeks." He showed me a piece of paper that was double sided. Mrs. Williamson was not joking about planning the whole trip.

I stopped unzipping and took a look at the list of things that were planned out to the exact hour. What was in store for us today?

12 pm
Arrival

4 pm
Private tour at Museo Nacional Del Prado {Devin shall enjoy that, his father talks wonders of his foundness over art}

6:30 pm
Reservation for two at El Club Allard

9 pm
Back to the hotel ;)

I grimaced at the winky face Mrs. Williamson decided to put the end of back to the hotel.

"There goes my plans of staying locked up in the room for the whole two weeks," I huffed as I gave the paper back to Devin.

He gave me a small smile before saying, "Wear something nice." He eyed my black tee and grey sweat pants before getting his clothes from his luggage.

A couple of hours later, we were both ready to go. I was dressed in a black Zimmermann silk lift dress paired off with black strappy Louboutin heels, and a nude Marc Jacobs clutch. Devin was the one who dressed me up since he didn't approve of my first outfit that consisted of jeans and a flannel. He even decided to educate me a bit more on fashion designers. I did know a bit since Sidney was all up to date on every season. Her mom was a fashion designer herself but when ever she would talk about fashion, I would zone out. It just wasn't my favorite topic to listen to.

Devin and I walked out of the five star hotel and slid into a limo waiting outside. The ride was long and silent. When we finally got to the museum, I was happy to stretch out my legs. Devin walked into the building before I could even stand up straight. I quickly caught his steps to make sure I didn't get lost. When we both stood inside, a lady walked up to us with a big smile.

"Mr. and Mrs. Maker I presume?" The tall lady questioned. Her pearly white teeth were on display and her red lips covered her face. Her black hair was tied up into a high ponytail that bounced whenever she moved her olive face. "I'm Natalia and I will be giving you a tour today. Please, follow me." She brought us to the gallery full of paintings. Some that I heard of and others that I never had.

"You are currently standing in the main Spanish art museum. We are very lucky to have Museo del Prado here in Madrid. They lay many of the best European art collections." She walked over to a painting where it looked like the main focus was a blonde child. She was surrounded by many others that were in the same room as her.

"Las Meninas. Painting by Diego Velázquez. This was painted during King Philip IV of Spain's reign. The girl there was the young Margaret Theresa. This is a widely analyzed painting in the western part because of its-"

"Complexities," Devin said, finishing her sentence with a smile towards her. She gave him her wide smile and they both started talking about the painting. I just stood there like a total social outsider since this was not my scene, and I knew noting about art. Unless you count stick fingers as art.

A couple more paintings later, and the same scenario was still in place. Devin talking with what's her face. Her talking back but making sure to add a flirt here and there. I just stood next to Devin as a mute.

"I just noticed how blue your eyes are, Mr. Maker. They are quite mesmerizing to look at," the tour said as she batted her fake lashes his way. All Devin did was smirk at her.

A tinge of jealousy empowered me. I should not have been feeling that way since I was placing for divorce, but my feelings got the best of me and acted out for me.

I clung to Devin's left arm and started at the black haired lady.

"Yes, he does have very mesmerizing eyes." I gave her a hard smile and as if something clicked in Devin, he finally noticed me. He gave me questioning look and I answered with a neutral expression.

Tour lady awkwardly cleared her throat, and gave me an emotionless expression before turning back to Devin. She smiled once again, and continued their talk on a painting as if I didn't exist.

That was rude.

I grabbed Devin's hand and started playing with his fingers with him not even noticing. I looked at the time on his Rolex and my face brightened when it read 8:43. I hope he changed the time when we got here because if not, I got my hopes up for nothing.

"Darling, we better get going now or we will be late for our reservation," I said in a sweet tone, interrupting tour girl.

Devin looked at the time, and I guess he changed it to the right time zone since he nodded his head in agreement.

"I will lead you guys out." Tour girl showed us out and said a farewell making sure to add hope to see you again. Psh, me, never. For the art, I would go back but for her, not really.

A/N

Sorry if this is a bit late. I have been quite busy.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter by the way I did have to do research haha it was very fun learning about famous paintings.

By the way picture of Samantha's outfit in the media section.

Please vote and comment.

Bye :)