Chapter 28

I wiped my wet cheeks with the back of my palm and lowered my head. I walked to my car with a broken heart.

How could he do this to me? Why would he do this to me? I did everything to

keep us together yet he didn't see past my wrong doings from the past.

I rubbed my stomach and wished that I could just disappear. That the world could just take me that instant. But some wishes just couldn't come true.

I opened my car door and got in closing it behind me. I rested my hands along with my head on the steering wheel.

My head was going crazy with the visions of Asher in his bedroom with that-that woman. I couldn't say the other words I wanted to call that man stealing woman. I couldn't and it just made me even more frustrated.

"Samantha!" My name was called from outside. I looked out of the window to find Asher fixing his button down white shirt.

I quickly pressed the button to lock all of my doors.

He trotted shoe less to my car.When he stood outside of my door he knocked. I looked away and started to look for my car.

"Samantha open up." I never thought the day would come that his voice would drive me mad, but today it was.

We had made a promise to never do something that would hurt the other and be broke that. He broke our promise.

I looked down at the small diamond that my gold promise ring held. I hated it now. I hated it as much as I hated him.

I took it off of my figure and threw it at the passenger seat. I continued looking for my keys inside my our. When I finally found them I turned on the car and drove away from.

~

My hands trembled as I opened the door to my bedroom. I walked in and closed the door only to fall against it as all the emotions I had bottled up from today's events came washing over me like a waterfall.

My arms instantly cradled my abdomen.

I felt like a shattered mirror that could not be repaired since my broken pieces where far too small.

"It's okay. We'll be okay," I cooed at my small belly bump.

I had found out just yesterday that I was expecting a child and today I thought would be the perfect moment to tell Asher the big news, but it back fired on me when I entered his bedroom. How I wish I could just forget everything.

~

I felt my flat stomach and saddened at the memories from the past.

"Are you alright Mrs Maker?" Rosa asked from beside me.

"I'm fine. I just feel a little stuffy in here." It felt as if my room was closing up on me.

"If that's the case let me take you out into the gardens. I'm sure some fresh air is all you need."

She helped me get up and put on my white silk robe over my matching nightgown. It was late out and here I was going on a stroll.

Rosa lead me to the flourished gardens at the back of the house. The floor lamps illuminated the green plants in the pitch dark midnight. All I could do was awe at dozens of flowers that were breath taking.

"Mr Devin has been taking care of them since he was a kid with his mother. Ever since his parents moved out though it has only been him in here."

I smiled at the thought of him being a green thumb. I could never do what he did with this garden since I was no green thumb. I once had a rose bush and the roses died since I forgot to water them the following days.

"He's done a wonderful job," I said as I touched the petals of a red rose.

"He has." Rosa said. A sad look crossed her face.

"Is something wrong?"

"It's just that... never mind, it's nothing." She brushed off my question.

"It's getting chilly, we better get you back inside." Rosa looped my arm in hers and dragged me back into the house.

As we made our way up the stairs the front door creaked open to reveal Devin. His dark locks looked like they had been pulled in various ways and just with that image I knew what his earlier tasked today had been.

"Mr Maker, Miss Samantha and I just went for a walk. Would you like anything after I put her to bed?" Rosa asked as she analyzed his state.

"Bring a cup of coffee to my office and Samantha please follow me to my office."

I looked over to Rosa a smiled softly indicating she could let go. When she figured it out she did and I walked over to Devin. I followed him as he made his way through a long dim hallway until reaching a door at the end of it.

He opened the door and gestured for me to enter first. I walked in and he followed behind.

"Why did you call me in?"

"Please take a seat."

He took a seat behind the desk and I sat down directly in front of him ready to hear what he had to say.

A/N

Okay so I was suppose to update this yesterday but I fell asleep. I'm finally on summer break YAY. No more work. So I might update more frequently if I can.

Thank you all for the reads comments and votes. We got to 76k < o: I couldn't have done it without you guys so thank you sooooooo much.

If your on summer break already like me hope your having a good time and if your still not don't give up your almost there.

Bye(: