27

Addicted

𝒮𝑒𝓋𝒮𝒾𝒹𝑒 , 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓍 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑜𝓇𝓀

Omniscient POV

India's tired eyes fluttered opened to be blinded by the bright hospital lights. The first thing her eyes met with was her mother and Daniel's mother consoling her.

Her mother's tears of worry quickly became tears of relief.

"Ma? What happened?" She said rubbing her eyes, she winced in pain as she attempted to sit up.

"Baby just relax." Her mom said laying her back down. "You were shot. Late at night all the way in Harlem." Her mother said softly trying not to yell at her. "How you feeling?"

She couldn't feel her arms, looking down she seen wires and tubes attached to her arm. She gulped the lump in her throat and nervously looked around once more. "I'm good."

"You hungry?"

She nodded her head and her mother threw her purse over her shoulder. "I'll go get something. I don't want you eating the shit they got in here." She said before quickly walking out.

"Imma go with." Dthang's mother said before practically chasing India's mother out the room.

The silence in the room bothered Daniel as he looked at his childhood friend. Out of all of his loved ones he'd seen in a hospital bed, he'd never expect it to be her. He knew she had to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Daniel? How long I been here?"

"A couple hours. It's 8 in the morning." He said walking to her bedside. "Yo what happened?"

She narrowed her eyes up to the ceiling, trying to figure out a way to answer his question. Her memory was fresh and clear.

"I don't even know...we was just chilling one minute and.."

"What was you doing out at 3 in the morning though?"

"He called me. Told me to come downstairs. We started driving." She said as warm stray tears fell down her cheek. "I fell asleep."

Dthang furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't look at me like that." She sniffled.

"My fault." He sighed, wiping the creases of her eyes with his thumb. "Just tryna understand what went down."

"How was my mother?"

"Your mother blacked on Dougie. Imma keep a buck witchu this looked like a set up."

"I know what it looks like." She said slightly getting annoyed. She didn't know what to think or whether or not Dougie had something to do with this or not. She asked herself how was she the only one hurt in this situation but all the answers she made up in her head confused her.

"You was here when Dougie was?"

"I came when he was leaving. Your moms basically yelled at him the whole time he was here then told him to leave. And when he was leaving, she was still yelling. Ion feel bad tho. Fuck that nigga."

She stood quiet for a few and looked up at Dthang. "Why?"

"Watchu mean why? It's been fuck him. Now I got every reason to shoot at that nigga."

"How do we know he had-"

"Cause he ain't show any remorse. He looked nervous like he knew what was going on."

"What you tryna say?"

"I'm not tryna say nothing. Just that the nigga looked suspect. He know exactly what went down with you last night."

India heart practically shattered. Somewhere in her heart she thought this was just an accident, but when she realized she was the only one in a hospital bed she found it weird.

"So Dougie is okay?"

"Yeah. No bullets in him no nothing. Ain't that fishy?"

"Pass me my phone." She demanded, feeling all types of emotions. Confused. Angry. Hurt,

"For what? Texting him not going to do anything."

"Daniel just give me the phone." Her voice cracked.

"Nah bro. That shit dead. Get up and get it yourself." He shrugged. "You deadass lucky you alive. Got shot twice and you already up. Get back gon be crazy though."

She rolled her eyes at him. Shortly after the two's mothers came in with bags of food.

"Here. I got your favorite." India's mother said handing her a chick fil a labeled bag.

"I'm not even hungry anymore ma. I'll eat it later."

"What about you?" Dthang mother said speaking to him handing out a bag at him. He eyed it then India and took the bag.

"Thank you." He muttered dryly.

"Qué pasó?" His mother asked slapping his shoulder sensing his attitude.

"Nothing."

"India honey the police on their way. They want you to take a statement."

"Ma I'm not talking to no cops. It's good. I'm fine." India said kind of shocked.

Her mother eyes widened and walked up to her bed slowly. As much as she wanted to scream and yell at India for sneaking out at such a late time, she knew what it would do to her mentally so she didn't. She love and cared about her daughter and only wanted her to be happy, but she figured she was hanging out with the wrong crowd not too long ago.

"If you think you could get shot and I won't involve the cops you got another thing coming for you. So does the hoe that shot you." Her mother said aggressively.