Conflict

"W-who are you?!" (Kaido)

This guy's asking me a strange question. I transform into my slime form and answer his question. "Who am I? I'm just a regular old slime."

The reactions I got were both hilarious and somewhat dangerous. And by danger I mean a few of them are showing hostility, not that they can actually hurt me.

Kaido extended his arms so that the soldiers would back down. He stands in front of me and asks, "Who are you truly? And what's your goal in coming here?"

I replied with my true intentions. "I came here to hire someone to teach my people how to build houses and basic tools. Stuff like that."

"In that case, I can introduce you to my brother. He's quite a skilled blacksmith. He can probably teach your people a thing or two about making tools." (Kaido)

Hearing this, the three brothers responded with interest.

"Oh, you're introducing uhh... Ms. Slime here to Kaijin? Do let us accompany you!" (Garm)

"Yeah yeah!" (Dord)

"Mhmhm!" (Myrd)

Speak! Speak I tell you!

After that, they seem to forget about the fact that I turned into a slime right in front of them. I'm not one to complain since it looks like I'm not getting into any trouble.

***

We arrived at Kaijin's shop, where he was currently walking around in distress. He was surprised to see us, especially Garm, Dord, and Myrd. He did just hear that the mines were attacked by Armorsaurus.

"You guys made it out alive?! Thank the gods!" (Kaijin)

He looked relieved and delighted while he exchanged hugs with the three brothers. After that heartfelt exchange, Kaido introduced me to Kaijin, or in actuality, he introduced Kaijin to me.

"Brother, let me introduce you to the one that saved them," Kaido directed his arms at me. "This is Rimuru, a volunteer that saved our asses from any casualties. She's looking for a person to hire to teach her people a thing or two about craftsmanship."

"I'm not a girl—"(Rimuru)

"Amazing, it's a talking slime!" yelled Kaijin. Kaijin looked eager to introduce himself as he stopped Kaido from introducing him. "Ahem, It's a pleasure to meet you, Rimuru. I was honestly devastated to hear the mines were attacked, so you really helped me out with the good news! Thank you for saving my friends."

"Kaijin..." (Garm, Dord, Myrd.)

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Kaijin. I heard from Kaido and your co-workers that you're a talented smith. I would be glad to hire you!" (Rimuru)

Although I want that to be the case, I can see a sword laying on top of his anvil. I knew it, Vesta must've already placed that impossible order.

"I would love to, really. But..." Kaijin trailed off, picking up the sword that was on top of the anvil. "That damn Vesta dropped an impossible order of 20 magic swords by the end of this week."

Kaijin placed the sword in front of me. Ciel already analyzed it the moment we entered Kaijin's shop. Though, I made sure Ciel didn't do anything weird to the sword.

"I can help you with that," I said. This caused Kaijin and the rest to raise their eyebrows. "If you trust me, I can copy that sword and make 19 more."

"Truly?! I wouldn't doubt the savior of my friends. I would like to see how you're gonna do it." (Kaijin)

I extend my slime arm to touch the sword and let Ciel do her work. Magic swords started to pop out of my slime body one by one until there were 20 magic swords on the floor.

Kaijin grabbed one of the copies and examined it. "Amazing! This is exactly like the sword I made down to the last component! How did you do that!?" 

The three brothers and Kaido also seemed to want to know.

"I analyzed the sword you made and used magic ore I had to replicate your sword. I made sure it was exactly like your magic sword." (Rimuru)

"Well damn, now I'm imagining how that Vesta would react if he saw this! With that frail body of his, he'll probably faint! Hahahahaha!" (Kaijin)

"That's great brother! You're gonna get him good this time." (Kaido)

***

Kaijin proceeded to invite me out to a meal. I looked forward to this meal second only to meeting Kaijin, Garm, Dord, and Myrd again.

"It's not far from here, is that okay with your Rimuru—" (Kaijin)

"Definitely an okay for me!" (Rimuru)

"A-alright, then that's settled. Kaido, you coming?" (Kaijin)

With a disappointed face, Kaido politely refused Kaijin's offer. "Sorry bro, I gotta go back to guard duty. I wish I could show Rimuru a good time." 

Saying that Kaido left towards the gate. We started making our way to the place no man can ever forget. However, while we were on our way...

"Well well well, Kaijin, what a place for us to meet. I doubt you'd have much leisure to wander the city while working on that order. Are you slacking?" (Vesta) 

We ran into Vesta who came outside a carriage. This is bad, it's gonna end up exactly the same as before if I don't do something.

"You just missed it," said Kaijin.

"What...?" (Vesta)

"I just handed the 20 swords a few minutes ago. Did you not see it?" (Kaijin)

Vesta couldn't believe what Kaijin had just said. "Impossible, even you can't make that much Magic Swords in less than a week. What kind of illegal trade did you deal?!"

Oh crap, it's time to step in.

I transform into my human form and immediately stepped between the two. "Now now, please don't get violent—"

"Get out of the way!" Vesta slapped me as he wanted me to get away. I wanted to catch his hand, but doing that will probably lose me my opportunity to hire Kaijin. But letting him hit me also led to disastrous consequences as well.

...Crap

"Arrghh! My hand! What the hell!" (Vesta) 

Vesta couldn't inflict any damage on me and instead, injured his hand. I'm gonna get banned from this country, aren't I?

Ciel... please help me...

I weakly begged Ciel to help me find a way to turn this situation into a more positive direction.

«Don't worry master. I believe things will end up on a good note for master.»

Really! That's great! But why though...?

"Excuse me!" yelled a familiar voice. "You are fighting in front of an ambassador from the Empire. Lord Vesta, is this really how a noble in Dwargon such as yourself, acts?"

The same girl from before had appeared.

"N-no, this isn't—" (Vesta)

"No excuses! I will talk to King Gazel under the given supervision of my knights! I won't tolerate what you just did." (Charlotte) 

It seems like a meeting with Gazell would be inevitable.