Back Home

"Would you go with me to the empire!" (Charlotte)

Excuse me?! Why would you suggest that lady!?

Charlotte, with her bright smile, asked me to go to the Empire with her. I have so many reasons not to go to the Empire, but I probably shouldn't tell her those reasons.

For now, let's just politely decline her.

"I'm sorry, I can't go to the Empire with you Princess Charlotte." (Rimuru)

Her face seemed disappointed for a moment, and she asks, "Why is that? Can you tell me the reason?"

"I have my people to take care of. Kaijin and the others count as one of them too, so I have to properly escort them home." (Rimuru)

Charlotte tilts her head, "Your people? Are you a ruler, Rimuru?"

"Well sort of, but I really can't go with you to the Empire! I know, why don't I give you a gift instead?" (Rimuru)

Charlotte's eyes illuminate at my words. "Really?! What kind of gift?" 

I had stored some of Shuna's pastries because of the sudden Walpurgis. I took them out and gave them to her as a gift. Of course, the quality of the pastries hasn't gone down.

"They're delicacies, I hope you find them delicious." (Rimuru)

"Yes! Thank you!" (Charlotte)

After that, Kaijin finished packing his things and told me he was ready to go. I excused myself and told Charlotte goodbye. Though, I had a feeling that this wasn't gonna be our last meeting.

***

I intentionally left Gobta so he could learn [Shadow Step] and [Summon Tempest-Wolf] again. I told Gobta's Tempest wolf to standby in case something happened to him.

"Ranga, I'll show you how a Tempest Star-Wolf's appearance. This will be a stronger version of your evolution tree, so pay close attention." (Rimuru)

We haven't made it back to the Village yet, so I decided to re-introduce Ranga to his future evolution, a Star-Wolf. It was significantly bigger than the current Ranga, and is stronger than the current Ranga as well.

I transformed into a Star-Wolf using [Universal Shapeshift] and immediately thought something was wrong. 

"Amazing! I am in awe master. I had no idea a Star-Wolf would be as majestic looking like a dragon! No, maybe it's because it is you Lord Rimuru, who's comparable to a True Dragon!" (Ranga)

I was much larger than before, and my fur was longer and flowing through the air. Ranga was small when I looked over to him, almost like a newborn puppy.

What's going on...?

«It is most likely due to master's evolution to an {Ultimate Slime}. Every monster you can mimic will be significantly different in appearance.»

Ah... so that's why.

"Ranga, your appearance once you become a {Star-Wolf} will be much different than mine. So, you don't need to achieve this exact form, okay?" (Rimuru)

Ranga seemed to take my words well.

"Yes! Lord Rimuru's form would be my end goal! I will not disappoint you!" (Ranga)

That was that Ranga and I just ended up racing through the forest instead of me showing my powers to him. My unexpected {Star-Wolf} form was already enough to inspire him to grow.

Everything was going smoothly as we headed home. 

"Yo, Rimuru! Your back?" (Veldora)

It looks like Veldora's back, where did he go anyway? Sigh, I'll ask him that later.