Reunion

After Velzard sat down, I immediately went straight to the point.

"The truth is... I'm from the future." (Rimuru)

"What...?" (Velzard)

I know, I know. It seems so far-fetched that you'd rather believe I was just hiding my power until now, right? 

Velzard's expression went from zero to a hundred real fast. "You... what the hell are you on about?"

"I'm only stating the truth, I'm from the future. But to be specific, I'm from the previous timeline. I went back and time and reset everything up until the point where I first got here." (Rimuru)

Velzard covered her face using both of her hands. "If that's true, then tell me the reason you came back here."

Ciel, is the analysis done?

«Yes, individual 'Velgrynd' is of no relation to the unknown attacker. I suggest also meeting Velgrynd to connect to her using [Soul Corridor].»

Uh, maybe once I get started on a country? Or to be more honest, I don't want to meet the infamous sisters of Veldora if I can help it. Velzard was downright scary when she fights.

But Ciel had a point, it would be worthwhile to have Velgrynd on our side again. I don't know if Micheal was already in control of Rudra's body at this point, so she could be in grave danger.

But for now, I had to focus on what was in front of me.

"I was attacked right after I arrived at your home. The place was wrecked as far as I was concerned." (Rimuru)

Velzard's eyes turned serious, "What do you mean by wrecked?"

As expected, she'd be concerned about that part the most.

"I had a suspicion that you were being controlled. Unfortunately, that only remains a hunch." (Rimuru)

"Because you were attacked, huh..." (Velzard)

I stayed silent as Velzard sorts out her thoughts. I had to hand it to her, she wasn't treating me like a crazy maniac who went insane and is spouting nonsense.

Velzard's eyes looked straight at mine, "Rimuru, why do you think I was targeted?" 

Her face was so close to mine, I could barely hold in the urge to yell, 'Why do you smell so nice?!' but thankfully, I kept it in. 

«.....»

I suddenly felt a deadly cold pressure, so I decided not to entertain my thoughts further.

This is just speculation, but—

"First, I think it has to do with your Ultimate Skill. Is it related to the Virtue Series by any chance?"

"Rather than being related to it, it is a part of the series. [Patience King Gabriel] is my Ultimate Skill." Velzard was rather unsuspecting and forward, her answer was quite literally a confirmation. 

"Aren't you rather open about your Ultimate Skill?" (Rimuru)

"Ara~, am I not allowed to say that?" (Velzard)

I silently admitted defeat in my head. 

"Never mind then, the enemy was a Manas called 'Micheal'. That bastard ran away from me and attacked secretly." (Rimuru)

"Micheal?!" Velzard's eyes turned wide. "You can't possibly mean [Justice King Micheal] right?"

Velzard was sharp, as expected. "Yes, I mean exactly that. That skill grew sentient and turned into an ego, eventually becoming a Manas. He's a troublesome guy that's after the Virtue Series wielders and True Dragon themselves."