Gazel Dwargo

Things have been peaceful these past few weeks, Shizue has returned from Blumund and is currently enjoying her life here. She and I discussed what to do next about the kids, and we've both reached a satisfying conclusion.

We would both proceed with what we discussed when the time was right.

As for what I'm doing now, I'm currently in the middle of sparring with Beru.

"Too slow!" (Rimuru)

Beru had displayed a talent for the art of the sword, and I decided to test him out to draw out that talent.

He backs away without leaving an opening, much to my surprise. I fully got him off-balance and had him in the striking zone, but he skilfully made some distance between us making him out of reach.

"Wonderful footwork, Beru." I praise Beru which made him loosen his grip for a moment as his cheeks turn red.

I took that opportunity and threw an attack. "It's not over yet, don't let your guard down, Beru." 

I hadn't put much effort into the swing, since if I did, I would kill him instantly. Be that as it may, he was still able to ready his sword for a block.

But—

"As I said, don't let your guard down." (Rimuru)

—that attack was only a feint.

I paced my movements and went behind him, as I was about to launch an attack at him from the back, Rigur suddenly called out to me.

"Lord Rimuru! We have trouble, it seems like there are flying people heading towards us!" (Rigur) 

I stop my attack right before it hit Beru's head. "Hmm, I might have an idea who they are, tell everyone to prepare a venue for talks immediately."

Right, this is the time where Gazel supposedly comes to test me in a duel. To be honest, I almost forgot this was going to happen.

I waited at the western part of Tempest with Shizue, Kaijin, and the three dwarven brothers. The others were currently busy arranging the necessary things for the place for our talks.

"I can't believe His Majesty is coming towards us... and with the Pegasus knights no less." Kajin had a look of dread, his forehead sweating buckets as he tries to think about why Gazel would visit us.

They shouldn't have been able to spy on us during the Orc Lord incident, so why? Well, not that I'm complaining.

Kaijin and the three dwarven brothers decided to head towards Gazel first, kneeling in the process. I did the same and followed behind, but, I didn't kneel.

"It has been a while, Your Majesty." (Kaijin)

"It has, Kajin. I have come here to meet the ruler of this town." Gazel declared with a charismatic and loud voice. 

I decided to step forward, matching the volume of his voice. And, with a hint of the dignity of my own, "My name is Rimuru Tempest, I am the ruler of this town. It's a pleasure to properly meet you King Gazel."  

While my choice of words was by no means disrespectful, it wasn't the words you would use when a King visits you. To me, I was behaving as I usually would. But to the others, it seemed like I had lost my sanity.

"You speak well, I like it. You carry that air of a king with you, unlike what your appearance gives off at first glance. My first impressions of you were wrong." (Gazel)

There it is, Gazel's [Champion's Haki]. It seemed like my plan was a success, he isn't underestimating me.

"Let's get straight to the point, what are your intentions in coming here." (Rimuru)