Beginning of the End

It's been a few days since defeating the Orc Lord. I've been naming the Orcs one by one since, but I've only just completed naming them all a day ago.

After all, Veldora suddenly told me he had a captive.

"W-wait a second here! I-I'm better kept alive, you know!" (Laplace)

I just entered [Imaginary Space] and this is what he immediately says to me?

"Relax, I plan on keeping you alive. It's just that I need you to answer a few questions for me." (Rimuru)

Laplace's expression when I told him I was going to keep him alive was funny. Does he really think that's all there is to it?

Laplace is associated with Yuuki, and if they ever come in contact again, he will surely tell Yuuki of me. I can't alert Yuuki, or else my chances of seeing the kids again will dwindle. 

Won't Shizue get in without suspicion herself? You may ask. Well, that was before she decided to become a citizen of Tempest. The news of her retirement spread like wildfire, and rumors about her living in a town in the Great Forest of Jura have already started to dominate Blumund.

It's only a matter of time before our first contact with human representatives. They could even be armies for all I know.

But back to the previous topic, Laplace absolutely cannot inform Yuuki of my existence. I don't know if the better choice was to leave him be where Veldora caught him or this. Laplace would've investigated what was happening and the Village and would've seen me either way.

But this situation would also eventually lead to Yuuki finding out about me since Laplace disappeared in the middle of the Forest. 

Argh, what a headache.

"So, what were you guys thinking? Making the Orcs gather and fight the whole forest on a death march." (Rimuru)

For now, I'll just keep initiating conversation.

"W-well, you see, I was hoping to make a puppet demon lord. I and my buddy Gelmud worked hard to give out all those names, mainly him doing the naming though." (Laplace)

I could sense he was in full panic mode.

"I see. Now that Veldora is here, you people shouldn't mess around the forest anymore, got it?" (Rimuru)

"Absolutely!" (Laplace)

Ciel, is it done?

«Yes. I have successfully added false memories inside Laplace's mind. We shouldn't be too worried about him telling Yuuki about us. But as for the one observing Tempest, it'll be harder to hide our presence.»

When you mean by the one observing Tempest, do you mean Footman? If so, there's probably no need to worry about him.

«Agreed. Master's appearance is currently still a mystery to Footman. The only one he's being wary of is Veldora. There will also be no problem disguising your aura.»

Great. Although I find it deplorable to do this kind of stuff to him, Laplace's memories should be different enough that Yuuki won't know who I am. Footman will naturally question Laplace when we release him, so he won't be a problem.

Well, let's hope everything goes to plan!

I released Laplace from [Imaginary Space].

Now then, what's next on the list of things to do...

"Lord Rimuru! Our new companions have arrived!" (Rigurd)

Rigurd came to my temporary household and informed me the Ogres have arrived.