An Invitation

A few days later, Gazel returned to his country. Gazel took the time to catch up with his master in the sword and indulged in Tempest's various delicacies during the three days he stayed.

I have no idea why he stayed that long to be honest. This man just gave his country the excuse of "I am attending a very important diplomatic meeting" whenever his ministers tried to message him.

But oh well, technically he did attend one.

Oh, that's right, I also gave the Lizardmen their names. Everything went the same as before, surprisingly. 

Except for one thing...

As I finished naming Abiru, Gabiru, and Souka, Veldora suddenly came up to me.

"Kuahahaha! What do we have here, Lizardmen? Say Rimuru, do you mind me naming a few of them?" (Veldora)

He was holding a manga when he came up to me. This guy, he's planning something again. One that's not necessarily well thought of.

I reluctantly asked him why he wanted to name the Lizardmen. 

"...okay, but why do you want to name them?" (Rimuru)

As if waiting for me to ask that question, he immediately responded. "You see, in this sacred text, the main character has an army he calls "Dragonborn" and trains them himself. His way of teaching fascinates me, though, it certainly isn't quite on par with mine yet."

Old man, I admit this, Zegion certainly became strong, but you're talking about an army here you know! 

"Are you trying to say you want to make an army... out of Lizardmen?" (Rimuru)

Veldora flexed his muscles, "Hmph, isn't that obvious?" 

Headaches were the least of my concerns now. Letting Veldora manage an army... by himself? No way! But I don't want to be too harsh on him, after all, I know the reason why he was holding himself up in his house.

I take a deep sigh, "Oh fine, if anyone wants to serve under Veldora, line up now! Named or unnamed." 

The Lizardmen were listening in on our conversation just now, so naturally a few immediately kneeled before Veldora as they were eager to serve him.

They were mostly unnamed Lizardmen, some of the ones I already named looked interested, but they weren't showing signs of wanting to go towards Veldora.

All in all, about 50 lizardmen were now waiting for Veldora to speak his next words.

"Beru," I called out to Beru who was out patrolling. "Come here for a second."

Beru was startled at my sudden call, "Y-yes!"

Beru had the look of a military man, he was even taller than Rigurd. I think I can leave monitoring Veldora's activities to him.

"Can you monitor Veldora for me, Beru? You don't have to do anything special, just keep tabs on what he does." (Rimuru)

Surprisingly, Beru was quick to agree, his face was also a bit red. "Y-yes, Lord Rimuru!" 

Good, this will help me in the long run. Who knows what'll Veldora be up to. 

As I turned around to tell Veldora of my intentions, he had disappeared where he stood. Where did he go...?

I tap one of the Lizardmen's shoulders, "Hey, where did Veldora go?" 

The Lizardman seemed confused, but he gave me an answer. "Lord Veldora suddenly said he "needed to go" and dashed away seemingly in a panic.