Changing Waves

On the same night as Rimuru's arrival from the Demon Realm, Yamza's screams echo throughout the forest as his transformation begins. Clayman's orders were to transform him into Charybdis and rampage and create a problematic situation that'd draw out Veldora.

Clayman had heard from Laplace who had seemingly returned out of nowhere and adjusted his plans according to the information Laplace brought. 

"Veldora was the one who stopped the Orc Lord's advance and killed Gelmud, Clayman. You should cancel your operations in the Great Forest of Jura."

Laplace's words served as a warning to Clayman, but Clayman took his warning loosely. He was rather pissed about losing a valuable pawn such as the Orc Lord. Least of all, Milim had begun living in the Forest somehow.

Clayman's fear of Veldora and Milim was virtually non-existent. He had a plan against Milim that he was sure would work, and Veldora had to pay for ruining his ambitions. That's why he thought that by unleashing Charybdis he could create a new pawn in place of the Orc Lord.

"Charybdis will serve as a distraction while I make my move when Veldora's eyes are away from us."

Yamza's screams slowly die out and a Magical storm erupts inside the cave. Soon, countless monsters that have the appearance of sharks devour the forest and start heading towards Tempest. In the middle of these shark-like monsters, one gigantic monster with one eye howls a disastrous cry.

Every living being near Charybdis ran in fear. Its explosive Magicules threatened the livelihood of a weaker monster. Treyni and the rest of the Dryads noticed this change of state within the forest and headed out to confront it.

"Oh no," Is all Treyni could say. "C-Charybdis?! Why is it resurrected?"

As powerful as the Dryad's were, they were no match for Charybdis. She could do nothing in the face of Charybdis's overwhelming power. However, she noticed where it was headed. 

"Is it... attracted to Lord Veldora's Magicules?" Treyni couldn't ignore the fact that Charybdis was born from Veldora's Magicules, and her concluding Charybdis's destination based on that fact made all sense.

There was one problem though. 

"Is it hostile? Or is it just trying to meet its parent?"

Unfortunately, Treyni's observation clearly shows hostile intent. Then that means Charybdis is heading towards Tempest to attack Veldora. Treyni had a bad feeling about this, she couldn't help but shudder at the thought of Veldora going on a rampage within the forest.

"...It's tough to reduce environmental damage when two great beings clash."

With a newfound worry, Treyni immediately informed Rimuru and Veldora about the situation.

***

Inside Clayman's castle, a man who was the leader of all the beastkin sat at a round table. This man's name was Carrion, the King of the Beast Kingdom Eurazania. In addition, a bewitching beauty was also present. Her name was Frey, the Queen of the Harpies.

Clayman sat in between the two, while Carrion and Frey sat on opposite sides. 

"Now then, I don't know what excuse you have Carrion, but I assume it's a good one."

Clayman got right into the heart of the meeting. "Why did you not go through with the Plan I proposed?"

Carrion snickered and arrogantly replied, "Oh please, you do remember there was a Non-aggression pact with that place, right? I merely upheld that pact."

Clayman replied with a hint of anger, "Nonsense. You were quite willing to interfere with Milim's new toys. What happened that made you back off?"

"Guy visited me you see, he told me lots of things. I just did what was best for me and left that place alone. I'm not willing to die for nothing you know?"