37

After my hour therapy session and my check up on my shoulder directly after, I was definitely ready to go. On the plus side, the stupid arm sling is off. I just have to continue with arm exercises for my shoulder and my ribs are healing nicely even though they still hurt.

My appointment with Dr. Jackson didn't last as long as expected so I head outside to see if Lauren's already here. Once I'm outside the clinic I hear a car horn but don't see Lauren's car. Nobody else is outside so I figured it was Lauren but I guess not. I pull out my phone to text her when I hear a car horn again and as I look around I spot Mrs. Jessica waving at me. "Come on and get in Kyler." She states as I approach her car.

"Where's Lauren?" I ask as soon as I'm in the car.

Before Mrs. Jessica can answer her phone rings. "Hello... okay. Yes we will. I can do that. Bye." She smiles as she gets off the phone then glances at me and smiles.

"What is it and where is Lauren?" I ask as I look at Mrs. Jessica.

"Don't worry sweetie, she... she just had something to do so I offered to pick you up." I just raise my eyebrow because I'm a little confused. Lauren didn't say a word about having something to do when she dropped me off.

"Is Lauren at the hotel?" I ask worriedly because I want to know what's going on especially after mine and Lauren's conversation on the way here.

"There's an explanation as to Lauren's whereabouts but right now I just need you to buckle up so I can get you where you need to go." I open my mouth to question Mrs. Jessica again but she shakes her head no. "Kyler Shay James, put your seatbelt on and do not ask another question if it's concerning my daughter." What the fuck is going on here? I put my seatbelt on and decided to just stay quiet because obviously I'm not going to get any explanation. Mrs. Jessica starts driving and tries making small talk but soon realizes it's no use so we just drive in silence.

Mrs. Jessica drives for about 35 minutes and finally ends up in Hill Country Village. She pulls into a concrete driveway and parks her car. "What are we doing out here?"

Mrs. Jessica laughs as she turns the car off and gets out without answering my question. I stay put until she opens the door up and sticks her head back in the car. "Lord, you're being difficult. There's an explanation to your question but you have to get out of the dang car so come on and walk with me."

I shake my head and sigh as I get out of the car. I look around at the gorgeous house and still can't figure out why we're here. Maybe she knows someone that lives here or maybe this is where her and Mr. David are moving to. I get out of my wandering thoughts as we walk up a long concrete walkway to the nice porch with a huge front door that has privacy glasses the length of the door on each side. I had seen this house before when Lauren and I were just driving around one day and drove out towards Hill Country.

Mrs. Jessica and I stand on the porch at the door and she rings the doorbell. We wait a couple seconds but nobody answers the door. "Why don't you ring the doorbell again." She says as she glances at me with a smile on her face. It's obvious nobody is here so I don't really see the point of ringing the doorbell again but nonetheless, I press the doorbell anyway.

After a few seconds, the door swings open and my beautiful wife is standing there smiling at me. "Lauren?" I ask because I'm confused right now.

Lauren grabs my hand and pulls me into the foyer of this gorgeous house. "Looks like you were able to ditch the arm sling." Mrs. Jessica walks in behind me and closes the door. I look around and the house looks amazing. I love the outside of the house but the inside is even better. We walk into the open living room and I hear talking then notice Mr. David, Julia, Katie, Aunt Mary and Kyle all standing at the kitchen island all smiling at me.

Before I can ask what's going on, Lauren cups my face with both hands and kisses me. Any question I had left my mind as it seems everything around us just disappears. Her tongue brushes against my bottom lip as she pulls away with the sexiest smile on her face and a shiver runs down my spine. "Let's go look around" she whispers and winks at me.

I nod my head as I glance around the living room again and it's just beautiful. The house has hardwood floors and an open floor plan for the living room, kitchen and dining area. The living room has a lot of built-ins including some on both sides of a white stone fireplace. Tons of natural light with the floor to ceiling windows and a sliding door that leads outside to a covered patio.

Lauren takes my hand as we walk into the kitchen that appears to be the center of this house. I know this would be a dream kitchen for Lauren. It's a chef's kitchen with tons of white cabinets, quartz countertops, an oversized island with the sink in it, built-in microwave and dishwasher. There's cabinets surrounding the French door fridge and even a pull out trash can drawer. It's an eat in kitchen but the large dining table is in a nook area with a large double window.

We make our way to the master bedroom and it's beautiful. The bedroom has a tray ceiling with lights around, two floor to ceiling windows, French doors that lead out to the covered patio and a huge walk-in closet with a vanity table. Lauren leads me to a sliding door and slides it open to reveal a gorgeous master bath. "Holy shit! This bathroom is amazing." She laughs as she points out a double door walk through shower that has two shower stations with large shower heads and custom tile work. The bathroom also has double vanities and a big soaker tub.

Leaving out of the master bathroom much to my dismay because I could literally live in there, we finished walking around the rest of the house. It's a five bedroom and three bath house with a two car garage and there's even a room above the garage that could be used as a guest space, media room, workout room or office. Hell that bonus room could be anything you want it to be.

We make our way back to the kitchen where everyone else is at and I finally get to hug Aunt Mary and Katie. Mrs. Jessica and Mr. David both smile at me and Mr. David says "nice house." I nod my head yes because it's an amazing house.

"So what do you think of the house?" Mrs. Jessica asks as she smiles at me.

"It's fucking amazing."

Aunt Mary quickly says "Kyler! Watch your mouth."

Julia laughs and says "like that's ever going to happen."

Lauren wraps her arms around my waist from behind and says "welcome home baby."

I turn around quickly and give her a confused look. "What do you mean Lauren?"

My wife smiles at me as she places her hands on my hips. "It's. Ours." She says as she pecks my lips after each word.

My eyes widen as I look at my wife. "Really?"

Lauren laughs and kisses me again. "Yes love, this is our new house. A house that I know you liked when we saw it before. You always talked about this house and when I was searching online while you were in the hospital, it had just been listed for sale. I liked the outside also but fell in love with the pictures of the inside and even more when I came and looked at it."

I am blown away by all this. I can't believe Lauren has done all of this. She never said a word about already looking for a house. "How... I mean when..? Damn I don't really know what to say except... Thank you. Thank you for doing this for us." I wrap my arms around Lauren's neck and kiss her.

"Your welcome baby and to answer your questions, while you were in the hospital, mom and dad had our stuff packed and put in storage since we had both said we couldn't live there anymore. They did all that so we didn't have to go back there. Today after dropping you off for your appointments, I went and signed the papers to buy it. Our house is already on the market and all our belongings will be moved in here tomorrow." Lauren says with a big smile on her face.

Lauren definitely surprised me with this and I'm not even mad about it even though we agreed to make any big decisions like this together. Everyone apparently knew Lauren was doing this and kept it a secret from me. They all congratulate us and do a quick tour before leaving Lauren and I standing alone in our new house.