A Reality To Be Tolerated

It was near the middle of the second year in ANHS when things had began to go haywire. Kiyotaka had revealed a considerable portion of his abilities to the entirety of the school body, students and teachers alike, by defeating the esteemed student council president Nagumo undisputedly in a group special exam.

The likes of this victorious feat couldn't be compared to Kouenji besting Nagumo in the Island exam. No. This was in an all-out open confrontation with all eyes in the school trained on them with a fearsome concentration.

But when all was said and done and when the dust finally settled down, there was nothing anyone in the audience could do but stare in astonishment as the student council president was being pummelled to death by a mysterious junior towering over him.

It was beyond Kei as to why Kiyotaka would do this when he absolutely despised attracting attention. But as always, she couldn't read him or his fantastical mind in the slightest.

It was needless to say that from that point on, Nagumo's obsession towards Ayanokouji multiplied several fold.

It was then the real nightmare started for Kei.

Somehow Nagumo had concluded it would be a wonderful idea to target her instead of dealing with Kiyotaka directly. The method seemed to be working seeing that it managed to make Kiyotaka more concerned than any other means Nagumo had employed in past to try and corner Kiyotaka.

"Karuizawa, why don't you abandon Kiyotaka for me? I'm much better you know?" Nagumo suggested with a stare that creeped her out.

"Senpai." Kiyotaka intruded with a peculiar monotone, reminding Nagumo that he was still here.

"No. I'm happy with what I have, Nagumo-senpai." Kei retorted, barely controlling her explosive anger at the comment.

From that point on, people stared at wherever she went. A set of five third-years always followed her. Always. Watching her every move. Their surveillance didn't end even when the school did. They had followed her all the way to her dorms.

Attention was something Kei loved but no one could possibly tolerate this much attention.

Numerous attempts were made by third-years to expel her in special exams throughout the second half of the year. Although Kiyotaka managed to save her every single time, It was incredibly draining to have a bounty in your head for half an year.

Thankfully Nagumo and Kiyotaka finally agreed on settling their matters of conflict by themselves and Kei was left alone.

She had heaved a big sigh of relief as she had thought that would be end of all her troubles in ANHS.

She couldn't be anymore wrong.

What had awaited her in the one of the last special exams of her school life was beyond any nightmare her mind could summon.

It was her own hell on earth for two hours, which left her completely shattered, body and soul.

She was broken beyond any hope of repair.

Her heart which had been overflowing with happiness a few moments ago was now bleeding gruesomely like a wound that has festered.

The betrayal of the one person she had wanted for herself seeped into the deepest pockets of her soul.

Anger, frustration and pain poured into her like a bloody shower.

She didn't have an ounce of strength in her limbs to pick herself up when it was all over.