Teaser

Our eyes met as the tendrils of our past love resurface, clinging and swirling around me like a toxic parasite, binding me to the one I wish I had never given my heart out to.

His amber brown eyes stared back, encompassing the universe within the tiny confines of his iris. They seemed unaffected, not bothered by my presence even though it took everything in me to prevent the gasp from escaping my mouth.

He looked well. He had grown taller than when I had last seen him in the classroom five years ago. He was well-dressed, wrapped in a linen suit that was probably worth more than my month's wage. His mysteriously boyish features which I had adored in the past had transformed to take a handsomely roguish appearance.

It killed me and enraged me at the same time. All these years I had been walking around with the heavy baggage of our twisted past and suffering helplessly because of it. Molded by the trauma of it. Yet he appeared free. Truly free. Like a kingfisher soaring through the sky, not shackled by the land. The kind of freedom that my broken track of a mind made it impossible to obtain.

His eyes had remained the same. Devoid of any human essence. As I gazed at those lifeless eyes, I realised how much of a fool I must have been in the past to think they loved me when indifference covered their brown.

He stared and stared. I stared back hopelessly, despising my very existence which reeked of him at the moment.

You are beyond him. Voice comforted me and I listened to it.

I broke my eyes apart from his and walked ahead like he didn't exist. Like I didn't exist. Like the past that troubles my soul was nothing more than illusion. Like he had never existed in my tiny little universe and never will.

He stood motionless, leaning against the hood of his car as I walked past him indifferently. No words were needed. Somehow whatever had transpired in the other's life in these five years reached to the other wordlessly.

"Kei." His raspy voice called out, stilling me.

Darkness fell upon me.

********
Just a teaser.

While this might totally not happen but I thought will include it since it fit the mood of the fic.