Cry me a river

Kiyotaka POV

Helplessness was a powerful thing.

When conquered by helplessness, one was a mindless puppet. Ready to do anything under the sun to escape the terror that stood before them. Unimaginable cruelty was not beyond the realm of possibility when one is trapped in such a state.

The survival instinct, ingrained in every bit of our bones, blood and flesh, was bound to take over, leaving behind no space for sympathy or compassion. The seemingly noble emotions were simply rendered powerless against the overwhelming intensity with which the need to live gripped one's heart hostage.

Any hope of making it out alive was like the sight of a far-off island to a drowning man. Like hallucinations of a new future right before entering death's cold embrace. It was miniscule yet it clung to you hideously, making one writhe and struggle helplessly.

How repulsive.

Humans are such revolting creatures. Hypocrites at their finest. Gruesome when threatened, ready to throw the weak to the wolves, to save their pathetic selves.

I learnt from a young age to utilize this nasty trait to my advantage.

If you want to make someone do what you want, make them helpless. Or make them believe they are.

They will all fall.

Darkness was immeasurably vast. No light could radiate a blinding glow through the blanket of darkness that enveloped it. Light was fated to die, twinkling like a dying star till it disappeared forever, before it could even dream of producing a faint spark.

At least that's what I thought till I met light which burnt ferociously, not in spite of, but because of the darkness besieged it. A fire so untamed and unpredictable, that it dulled the emptiness of the dark.

******

Karuizawa Kei.

The girl who had inevitably become an essential existence in my life within a span of three short years. She had splashed black across my empty canvas which had remained unaffected by the flow of time. Yet she looked so colourful. So full of life, like honeybee buzzing with joy after tasting honey.

That was until I painted her world in my black and stained her porcelain skin with my crimson.

And my colours don't wear off so easily.

End Of Kiyotaka POV

*****
The sight of her tear-stained face haunted his dreams and brought along with it a weird combination of accomplishment, satisfaction and last but not the least discomfort.

He knew he had shattered her heart, which had barely stood still after years of rampant bullying, with his betrayal. Her colourful existence had no longer existed since the moment he uttered those hurtful words.

While he had never desired to reduce her to such a state, it was imperative to make sure that she would never see anyone past his looming shadow which tainted her vision.

If he was forced to abandon her, then she should cling to him hard, right?

********

Kiyotaka focused his golden-brown eyes upon the big screen in front of him. There was nothing particularly fascinating about the sight before him. It was just a regular CCTV footage of one of the numerous companies which were forced to have CCTV cameras installed due to a security measure.

The workspace held twenty desks were arranged in form of a rectangle. A dozen people were discussing in a group, forming a circle, soon dispersed back to their desks.

One of the female employees effortlessly caught his eye as she walked back to her desk which was on the back of the room.

Kiyotaka zoomed in on her.

Her blonde hair swayed with her every step. She took her seat quickly before tilting her beautiful blue eyes towards the camera, as if contemplating something.

Her eyes held a tiny sliver of curiosity before it dissolved in her vast blue oceans, which stood alarmingly still.

Kiyotaka clicked the pause button, gazing back at the familiar face.

Subconsciously his hand reached out, softly caressing the computer screen like it was her soft skin instead.

"Soon." He promised.

A promise to her.

A promise for him.

******

Just as Kiyotaka had predicted, a rebellion broke out across the nation. The attack spread out to make it difficult to contain.

Even if the past politicians used the workers, the workers played along only because of their doubts. All one had to do was make them believe that government had more benefits to offer them in the long term than those promised by the politicians.

Analyzing which areas would be prevalent to participate in the rebellion based on worker wages, poverty rates, infrastructure and other factors and buying out the worker union leaders in those areas in advance had done the trick.

While Kiyotaka could have stopped this rebellion before it could begin, he let it play out for his own reasons.

One was of course to display a show of power by appearing to crush the rebellion in cold blood so as to prevent future ones.

The other was her.

*********

"Karuizawa-san, The Republic has ordered one representative from each company, picked in random, to attend a meeting with the Supreme Leader and the cabinet of ministers. You have been chosen from our company. " Aoyama-san said, rather confused himself.

Kei tried hard not to flinch upon hearing that. The last thing she wanted was trouble and this sounded like a whole bunch of it.

It made no sense. Anico was large multinational. Why would they choice an assistant manager out of everyone?

It stuck out too eerily for it to be a coincidence.

The image of the former student council president, Horikita Manabu, appeared in her mind's eye.

If that was any indication to go about, there will be more of ANHS students among the new officials and ministers of The Republic.

Maybe even him?

Her mind put forth a horrifying possibility which was quickly shot down. She refused to accept that he existed in some corner of the same universe she lived in.

Our paths will never meet once again.

"Yes." Kei answered with a professional smile, giving out no indication of her turbulent thoughts.

"You leave tomorrow." Aoyama shrunk the final nail in the coffin with that.

"I will make the preparations. May I know how long this will take?"

"Nothing is confirmed. The other representatives are held confidential. It might end in a day or take weeks. Be prepared Kei. You are the one representing our company. Although I have no idea why they choose you out of everyone, it is now your duty to express our company's intentions. Chairman wanted to talk to you, but time is of the essence right now."

Kei nodded wordlessly, unaware of the fate that awaited her tomorrow.

*********

Author Notes:

Don't kill me lol. They meet next chapter properly.

Fair warning. Kei is freaking ice at this moment so she will not be as weak as she is towards Kiyotaka in the teasers. At least in the beginning :P

I have not read Classroom of the Elite extensively so characterizations of these future characters might not be what you imagine them to be. This is a completely different universe. Just saying.

I'm done writing all this extra shit. But I cannot guarantee how good it will be though 🙈.

I will try to update within a week.

Until then, see you y'all.