xie lian x actor!reader 🕊࿐

Modern actor au

Modern actor au

▶ Requested by no one  

▶ Just fluff ig :D

▶ Male Reader 

▶ Xie Lian has a new acting gig where he meets our lovely MC <3 they quickly become friends and get along swimmingly

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This is Xie Lian," the assistant smiled politely. "He is the new actor you will be working with." 

[Y/N] nodded kindly. "Thank you Wan Suyin." 

She nodded. "I hope you two will get along, you will be working together for quite some time. Please let me know if a problem arises or if you two need something." Wan Suyin bowed her head. "I will take my leave." 

[Y/N] thanked her. 

Xie Lian watched as she left and fidgeted nervously with his white bracelet. He was dressed in a white suit and his hair was pulled back into a low ponytail held together with a white hair tie. (idk mannn im tried lol-) 

"Hello, I'm [Y/N] [L/N], it's nice to meet you. I've heard many great things about you so far and I'm excited to get to know you more." [Y/N] smiled and offered his hand. Xie Lian smiled and shook the [H/C] haired males hand. "Its my pleasure, but please. You're just as great yourself." 

"Your too kind, the news doesn't lie, hm?" [Y/N] joked. 

Xie Lian blushed, and waved his hands frantically while shaking his head. "Oh no, no, no, no!" 

[Y/N] watched, amused. "I like your glasses." 

"Oh!" Xie Lian smiled shyly. "Thank you, they are new actually." 

"Xie Lian and [Y/N] [L/N] are needed on set in 5!" 

"Already?" [Y/N] pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "That was quick..."

"Is something wrong?" 

"Its just... you just got here, I thought they would give us a longer break.." 

Xie Lian shrugged. "Its alright with me.. I'm just nervous.. I mean what if I mess up and make a fool of myself in front of everyone?" 

[Y/N] laughed, waving him off. "You have nothing to worry about." Xie Lian looked at him skeptically. 

"If it helps, my first time on set here I tripped and broke my nose while doing the opening scene for the movie." [Y/N] offered a nervous grin. "I was so embarrassed! And then someone made it worse by commenting I looked like a freaking tomato! My face was red from embarrassment and from the pain! My poor nose.." He rubbed his nose absentmindedly and Xie Lian notched that there was a thin white line going across the middle of [Y/N]'s nose. It was pale and barely noticeable but it was still there. 

"Xie Lian and [Y/N] [L/N] are needed on set!" 

"Well," [Y/N] patted Xie Lian's shoulder gently. "Thats our cue. Good luck." 

Xie Lian smiled shyly, still nervous, but at least he wasn't on the verge of a panic attack anymore. 

"Break a leg?" [Y/N] joked and walked off. 

That didn't help. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"We've only known each other for a week and you're already taking me to dinner? At your place?" Xie Lian gawked. Everything had moved to so fast. He and [Y/N] had become quick friends. It was like they had known each other for years. If you saw them and they told you they had only met a week ago you wouldn't have believed it. 

[Y/N] shrugged, smiling. He lead Xie Lian into his really large apartment, closing the door behind them before hanging up his coat. "Make yourself at home, Lian." 

Xie Lian pulled off his coat and hung it up on the coatrack next to [Y/N]'s, taking off his shoes. He wore an oversized beige sweater with a long white collared shirt underneath and tan khakis His hair was pulled into a bun with two strands set free to frame his face a little. [Y/N] found it adorable

[Y/N] took his shoes off before walking over to the kitchen. His apartment had an open floor plan with a large living room. The whole wall (wasn't even a wall) was just windows. Large windows that let you look out across the city. It reminded [Y/N] of New York. The kitchen was separated by a half wall and a little ways off was a hall way that had [Y/N]'s room, the bathroom, his office, and a guest room along with a small balcony. 

"Do you want some wine too? I ordered dinner from this new place that just opened. Its Indian food. You're okay with that right?" [Y/N] reached up to grabbed some wine glasses from the top cabinet.

Xie Lian walked over and took a seat on a bar stool, placing his hands on the cold counter. "Yeah thats fine." He smiled. "I've always wanted to try Indian! Oh and American! I heard its to die for!" He laughed. 

[Y/N] laughed too. He had tried a lot of things and had informed Xie Lian of just how good American food was along with others. But he had yet to try Indian, surprisingly. He set the wine glasses down in front of him and Xie Lian. "Do you want red wine or white wine?" 

"Red is fine," Xie Lian shrugged. He couldn't stop smiling. 

[Y/N] nodded and grabbed a fancy looking bottle off the counter opposite them and popped it open. The [H/C] haired man walked back over and poured them each a glass, only going about halfway (maybe a little less). 

[Y/N] picked his glass up and clinked it with Xie Lian's. 

"Cheers!" 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Xie Lian is fucking baby <3333

▶ Hi hello hey guys I'm back woah :0 bet you thought I was dead but I'm not! 😓 alas, sadly- joking! joking! please ignore my dark humor and enjoy my one shots again! love y'all and thank you so sooo much for being patient with me ☺️☺️💕💕

Completed : 4/3/2022