mu qing x reader 🖤࿐

▶ Requested by - @mikey_sano_simp

▶ Fluff

▶ Female reader 

▶ First time writing him - lets see how this goes lmao 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Can I have we go and do something fun?" [Y/N] asked, sitting on Mu Qing's lap. He stopped what he was writing as his cheeks flushed noticeably pink. "I'm.. I'm working..." He muttered, pushing his head down into his paperwork. 

[Y/N] smiled innocently and leaned back against his chest, wrapping his arms around herself, forcing him to put down the ink brush. "I want a piggy back ride," she said suddenly, giving him puppy dog eyes and pouting. 

Mu Qing sighed and buried his face into the crook of her neck, pulling her closer to him. [Y/N] could feel how hot his face was without even having to look. 

"..fine..." 

[Y/N] grinned, teeth showing. "You needed a break anyways! Come on!" She got up and pulled Mu Qing with her. He was pale that even whenever he blushed it was always noticeable. 

She dragged him all the way to a garden that Mu Qing had put into his palace just for her. It was one of the ways he showed his love. It was very well taken care of and was bursting with colors and plants of different shapes and sizes. 

"Here, stand there," she pointed to a spot and Mu Qing obeyed. [Y/N] smiling and got a small running start before jumping onto Mu Qing's back. He leaned forward at the sudden gain of weight. "I can't believe I agreed to this..." He muttered as [Y/N] wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and he got a better grip on the underside of her thighs. [Y/N] heard this and gently hit the side of his head. He rolled his eyes. 

"You agreed because you love me~" She sang. 

"Do I?" 

"Say that again and I'll stop cooking for you for a hundred years." [Y/N] threatened, voice sharp like an icicle that left Mu Qing shivering and he immediately shut his mouth. Now hundred years may seem like a long time but for a god it's not that much. It'll go by in a flash, but for Mu Qing [Y/N]'s cooking (even if it isn't that good half the time) is everything and those hundred years will go by at the pace of a snail. 

"Now!" [Y/N] clapped, voice going back to normal like nothing from before had just happened. "Onward!" 

Mu Qing wasn't a horse but obeyed anyways. He acted like it was a pain and a waste of time but when [Y/N] wasn't looking or she had her eyes closed he would secretly stare at her in wonder and smile softly. He loved these small moments (also he really didn't want to finish the mountain of paperwork that was sitting in his office). 

"Should I make you soup tonight? Like that one I saw somewhere when I was mortal... what was it called... lotus seed and rib soup? That sounds good. Or would you like Peking duck? I could also make dumplings..." [Y/N] rambled on and Mu Qing listened attentively and watched her fondly. She was gorgeous and amazing, and so so talented. He didn't know he ended up with someone so amazing as her but he was grateful beyond words and wouldn't give her up for anything in the world. 

"Bǎo bɑo? Are you even listening to me?"

Mu Qing blinked and realized [Y/N] was staring at him, looking concerned. 

"What? Oh you can make whatever..." He muttered, looking away shyly. 

"Awww!" [Y/N] cooed. "Are you blushing? Awww QingQing likes my cooking!" 

"I-I do not!" Mu Qing shouted in protest, his burning face betraying him. "I'm not blushing!" 

[Y/N] cooed again, hugging his neck. "Aww its okay QingQing. I'm glad you like my cooking! You don't need to be shy about it!" 

"I'm not shy! And don't call me that!" Mu Qing's face turned an even brighter shade of red. It made his head hurt and made his vision blur but his heart was happy and full. It felt lighter.

"Its alright!" [Y/N] spoke softly. It was the soft and high pitched voice she used when talking to children. "You can like my cooking! I'm glad my husband likes my cooking!" 

Mu Qing groaned. He couldn't even bury his face into his hands because they were helping hold [Y/N] up and stopping her from falling to the ground. 

"Come on! Its okay QingQing! You can like my cooking. Come, let's go inside so we can eat now." 

Mu Qing only agreed because he liked [Y/N]'s cooking. But he would never admit it willingly or out loud because it was embarrassing and [Y/N] would never let him hear the end of it. She would sing it proudly to the Gods and his reputation would be in shambles. But he stilled loved her greatly. More than she would ever know. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ A headcanon of one is that Mu Qing's love language is either gift giving or acts of service 

▶ Yeah Mu Qing has been a god longer than his wife [Y/N] has but she can still girlboss him and he'll listen (go MC!) 

▶ 宝宝bǎo bɑo- Babe; Honey; Baby (I'm pretty sure this is right cause I've seen others use it-) 

▶ Did I write him okay? Lol he feels soo ooc to me- 

Completed : 6/13/2022