mu qing x reader 🖤࿐part 2

▶ Requested by - @a_k4ri

▶ Angst. 

▶ Female reader

▶ Second time writing him - lets see how this goes lmao

▶ I haven't read past like the first chapter in the second book so uh I'm making this up :'D 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Where is [Y/N]?!" 

"Mu Qing?" Xie Lian blinked in surprise. Hua Cheng was away, dealing with some business in Ghost City. 

Mu Qing had been in such a hurry that he hadn't bothered to use his 'disguise'. He had rushed out of his palace when he couldn't find his wife and immediately went looking for Xie Lian who he still secretly viewed as a friend and who he knew would help him.

"Where is [Y/N]?!" He repeated, growing more desperate by the second. He was ready to either tear his hair out or killed someone (preferably the bastard who took his lovely wife). 

"Who?" 

"My wife!

Xie Lian flinched at his tone. "Your wife? I didn't realize you had a wife." 

"She's missing!" 

"Take a seat and I'll try to help in any way that I can." Xie Lian spoke calmly and gestured to the small table in the shrine. 

Mu Qing reluctantly sat across from Xie Lian. 

"What happened?" 

"I got up and did some paperwork before going to check on [Y/N] because it had been a few hours and she had yet to wake up. And usually she's awake by now and making breakfast but she wasn't so I got worried and went to check on her but when I got to our room she wasn't there and I've been all over the Heavenly Capital looking for her but she's nowhere to be seen!" Mu Qing took a huge breath, panting a little but still feeling like he couldn't breathe properly. He had said that all in one giant breath. 

Xie Lian had listened to rambling quietly, nodding and giving him a sympathetic look. "Have you tried asking Feng Xin for help?" 

"No..." Mu Qing's face twisted up like he had just swallowed an extra sour lemon. "Why would I ask him? He would not help me. I don't even know why I came to you in the first place..." He muttered the last part quietly but Xie Lian still heard. He chose to ignore it. 

"You don't know that. Why don't you try?"

"Ugh! I haven't the time for this! [Y/N] is still missing and could be hurt or worse-" He choked, slamming his hands down on the wooden table making Xie Lian jump. 

"I'll help you look for her. I know earth fairly well. I'll look here and you can continue to look in the Heavenly Capital." 

Mu Qing gritted his teeth but nodded. He wanted to cry. His eyes were stinging and he had to keep biting the inside of his cheek to stop the tears from falling.