hualian x child!reader 🕊🏮࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff

▶ Gender neutral reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-Niang!" A small voice called. 

Xie Lian froze, blinking a couple of times before pinching himself like an idiot to make sure he wasn't dreaming. He... he had in fact heard correctly. He looked down to see the small [H/C] haired child he had picked up and taken back to the shrine with him. They had awoken.

"O-oh.. oh I'm not your mother.." Xie Lian's sweat dropped. "I-"

"Gege?" San Lang closed the door behind him with his foot. He clapped his hands together, trying to get the dirt off them. "Who is this?" 

Xie Lian laughed awkwardly. "Ah... S-San Lang... This is.. a child I picked up on my way back." He might as well just come clean. 

San Lang's eyes widened a fraction of an inch in surprise. "Child? Gege, why did you pick up a child?" 

Xie Lian's sweat dropped and he shrunk back, trying to hid his cooking. "They.. They looked so sad... and hungry... And I didn't have any food on me so... I took them back with me so I could make them something to eat...."

Now don't get San Lang wrong, he has nothing against his Gege's cooking. In fact he thinks it's amazing. The best thing he'll ever have the pleasure of tasting. But.... He doesn't think the child will appreciate his Gege's cooking.. It can... be a little strong for first timers... 

"Ah.. Gege why don't I try and cook for them? I have younger... siblings... so I know how to take care of a child and what they like." 

"Oh no! Its alright San Lang! I've got it covered! Besides dinner is almost ready." Xie Lian smiled softly, feeling guilty. He didn't want San Lang to do everything. He was a guest! And he had already done so much! Xie Lian couldn't bare the thought of San Lang doing another thing for him. 

San Lang on the other hand.... 'Gege... now is not the time to be stubborn.' 

"A-Niang!" The little [H/C] haired child tugged on the gods white clothes. "A-Niang!" They turned to San Lang. "Baba!" 

Xie Lian's sweat dropped. Perhaps... Maybe he shouldn't have brought a small child who he had found laying on the side of the road into the shrine... 

San Lang blinked in mild discomfort. Not wanting the child to touch him because one he was dirty and sweaty and two... he was bad luck... (not bad correcting to bald-)

"Oh we're not your..." Xie Lian trailed off as the longer he stared into those big innocent [E/C] eyes he felt himself giving in. Was it so bad that he wanted to keep the child forever? He sighed. "Dinner will be ready soon..."

San Lang felt a jolt go through him. 

"San Lan why don't you go get cleaned up and ready to eat. Maybe take... [Y/N]... with you." 

Another jolt- wait. "[Y/N]?" Since when did the child have a name?

"Oh I named them! Isn't it cute? It's suits them too!" Xie Lian did a closed eye smile, subconsciously stirring whatever it was that he was cooking in that thick pot. 

"Um... yeah..." San Lang hesitantly let the child - [Y/N] - cling to his sleeve while he went to get cleaned up. He wasn't against having a child.. especially not with Xie Lian... he was just against said child clinging and touching him... He was bad luck... 

San Lang glanced at the child before doing a double take. 

[Y/N] was smiling brightly. Childish innocence. 

San Lang finished cleaning up and... He picked [Y/N] up and held them close to him, risking a smile. 

Xie Lian looked out the window and saw the scene. His heart skipped a beat as he smiled softly. He hadn't realized he would find a family so close to home... 

He doesn't regret picking up [Y/N]. Maybe they were exactly what they needed. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I swear I haven't forgotten about this fic 

▶ im alive :) ...I think 

▶ Yeah little [Y/N] likes Xie Lian's cooking 😼

Completed : 8/27/2022