hua cheng x reader 🏮࿐late birthday special

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ FLUFF BITCHES 

▶ Male Reader

▶ Yeah his birthday was yesterday 6/10

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm not very good at braiding hair..." [Y/N] mumbled, his delicate fingers artistically weaved through the dark strands of hair, placing one section on top of the other. His eyes were narrowed in concentration as he worked poetically. 

Hua Cheng, or as he insisted being called - San Lang, laughed a light hearted chuckle. His whole body was relaxed a stark change from his usual tense posture and stiffed, forced relaxed shoulders. "Tián Xīn I will always love it no matter what you do," his smile was airy and innocent, eyes flashing gold. There was something... almost possessive about it. [Y/N] knew the signs and chose to ignore them. He quite liked San Lang and didn't bother to point out the flaws that they were both so raw and aware of. 

[Y/N] shrugged, taking the long thin red ribbon San Lang handed him when he beckoned for it. "Not my problem. If you want to go around looking like an idiot go for it I guess.." He tied a pretty bow at the end of the braid that had actually not turned out like shit like [Y/N] had originally thought it would. 

"Done~" He sang smiling and grabbed a small mirror for San Lang to look at his hair. 

San Lang stared at the mirror for a long while. That airy and content smile never leaving his thin lips. His eyes darted around looking at everything and taking his sweet time. 

[Y/N] fidgeted nervously behind him. He didn't know what San Lang thought. He couldn't read the male as well as he'd like to think. 

"I love it Tián Xīn! I will wear it with pride." San Lang put the mirror down and turned to smile brightly at [Y/N] who let out a breath he had been holding. He didn't really know why, but what he did know is that he was happy. He was happy with how the braid how come out and he was happy that San Lang actually liked it (though a small part of him told him that even if it was shit the stupid black haired male would still love it and wear it with pride either way-)

[Y/N] smiled back before an idea popped into his head. His smile turned into a mischievous grin which quickly turned into a smirk. 

"Tián Xīn?" San Lang frowned a little, lips tugging downwards slightly. 

"Catch. me. if. you. can~[Y/N] sang and he was gone. 

San Lang stood immediately and ran out of the room to see a certain [H/C] male running off into the forest. 

"Tián Xīn!!?" San Lang called out, his calm and cool facade was slowly sliding, just a bit. The smallest fracture. He was confused. And had no clue what was happening or if [Y/N] had planned this. He received no answer. San Lang glanced at the forest and the little house they had been living in before running out and into the forest after [Y/N]. He could hair [Y/N]'s bubbly laughter echoing through the trees, almost mocking him. 

San Lang, guiltily, had lost the man a couple of times. Eventually he would catch a glimpse of [F/C] clothes or [H/C] hair through the greenery and brown trunks of trees. 

He finally came running out into a clearing, a field of flowers. It was something of dreams or a painting. He didn't think he even deserved to look at such a place. He couldn't breath, and his legs felt like two stone pillars as his eyes scanned the field. All the bright colors and cool breeze made him feel like he was dreaming (which of course he couldn't really do). He was afraid of moving or touching something. He was afraid of it shattering into a millions pieces or fading away and moving lazily on like a cloud. 

Then he spotted the familiar [H/C] haired male who stood still amongst all the colors and butterflies. He wasn't looking at the flowers, no. He was looking at San Lang. Directly at him. 

When they're eyes met the dream like trance and guilt San Lang had felt before was the one to shatter. Not this dream. No. This wasn't a dream. This was real. And San Lang couldn't be happy. He grinned, forgetting all the worries and dread and fear of what could happen in the future, as he ran full speed into [Y/N]'s waiting arms. [Y/N] laughed loudly as San Lang tackled him. They both came crashing into a pile of flowers, crushing them. 

They both couldn't stop laughing until they're stomachs hurt as they laid in the ruins of flowers. Crushed petals and broken stems. 

For once San Lang didn't feel guilty about destroying life or any rage, he felt happy, light, content. Because he had his partner in crime, [Y/N], by his side and they were both laughing like little children who were lovesick and had nothing better to do then laugh about something so stupid in the middle of a flower field. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Gege is only for Xie Lian in this oneshot I have decided 

▶ 甜心 (tián xīn) — sweetheart (I think lol???) 

▶ I tried something different with my writing lol (I love this <3) 

▶ I swear the only outline I had for this was 'braid his hair before making him chase you and tackle you in a field of flowers'. Thats it and this is what become of it- 

▶ Yeah I forgot how to spell raw and almost wrote rare instead- 

▶ You read one fanfic about poetry and look what happens 🤦‍♀️🙄

Completed : 6/11/2022