One Cold Night

--------------------------------------------------
<Y/N's Point of View>
--------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the ride we arrived on the mainland of Ionia quickly. Inside we were quiet the whole time, probably because Ahri and Kai'sa fell asleep while Akali and Evelynn were just looking out the window. We finally landed and I immediately hopped out making me feel that sting when I forgot about the wound just now. I sighed and looked at the city that had bright lights from big buildings like skyscrapers and such. We were on top of something similar and the wind blew my hair gently as I looked at the scenery...it's a little...pretty. I couldn't help myself but walk closer to the edge when I wanted to feel that wind again while my mind wandered away.

The sight made me remember what the others would do had they survived, I can still picture the whole thing perfectly. I closed my eyes as the wind blew in front of me and started to think about those 4. Yumashe would be there sitting on the edge with his legs hanging down and would be laughing like a maniac, he'd enjoy this I'm sure. Val would be sitting on his right and would groan whenever Yumashe's laughter would reach a certain volume, he would always shush Yumashe up when he preferred tranquility. Stein and Gishlain would be beside me standing behind those two as we laugh at how they fight verbally. I chuckled to myself but felt that tempting voice to jump off the edge when I had to remind myself they are no more. I felt a lump on my throat forming so I swallowed it hoping to remove this strangling feeling. I sighed as I looked up at the sky only this time, it wasn't just clouds that blocked the sky but even islands. My lips curled up a little as I ignored that hollow feeling.

My brothers, you could have done much more greatness than I...why must the heavens be so cruel as to take you in earlier than a weak-willed person like me. I don't understand but wait for me, I'll do my best to finish your will...and I hope I'll meet you all soon.

I exhaled slowly and it formed a faint smoke that disappeared in less than a second, I was still hoping that I could hear their voice again, just once is all I ask. I heard a sneeze behind me waking me up from my daze and looked at the cause. It was Kai'sa and she was hugging herself as she trembled when she only had a t-shirt on, she jumped down from the helicopter and was just shivering as she waited for the others. Akali followed after her and she stretched with a yawn when she hopped off before walking beside Kai'sa who immediately hugged her for warmth. Evelynn was soon to follow the two and I noticed she looked at me with a smile before going beside Akali. Ahri also came down and I chuckled when even with just a short nap, her hair got a little curled up.

I turned around hoping to see those lights from the building again when it felt like I haven't had enough of the sight. Yeah, would really be nice if I had some sort of alcohol with me, might have cleared my doubts too.

"Hey Y/N," Akali said, it was close to a shout by the volume but just close. I turned to where they were and Akali was gesturing her arms for me to go there so I did.

"What is it?" I asked as I looked at Akali but it was someone else who answered.

"I'll be the one joining you to the hospital. Judging by your injury it would be best if we could get someone to check it up," Ahri said as she went behind me and looked at the patchwork done by the paramedic.

"It's fine, you guys should be the one going. This is nothing compared to the things I've already experienced before," I replied when it's the truth. I could remember me and Val holding down Yumashe as Stein tried to stitch up his intestine without any anesthesia. I've also been the one on that table and it wasn't something I'd enjoy, well this is basically something I'd call a scratch.

I felt Ahri's palm pressing my back a little which made me wonder why so I tried to peek by tilting my head to the left. I only caught a glimpse of her head and ear as she pressed her forehead on my back. I looked at the others hoping they'd explain why she's doing this but looks like they don't know either. Akali was looking at me as if she was watching a movie and Kai'sa looked like a child when her eyes were expecting something to happen, she had a smile that could barely contain her excitement making me wonder what she's thinking about. Evelynn on the other hand gave me a look like she was a little disgusted by the sight. That made me want to chuckle when Evelynn's gaze was similar to the people I fought before.