Prolouge

The girls huddled together under the blanket as they stared at the figure walking towards the bed.

" Momma, will you tell us a story ?" They asked in unison causing the woman to look at them with a fond smile.

She sat at the edge of the bed and gently wiped the wisp of the black hair on the younger girl's forehead.

" A story hmm," She said tapping her chin slightly causing the girls to nod their head.

" A princess story ?" The younger one asked while the older one shook her head.

She watched them with a thinly veiled sad expression as the girl's argued about the selection of the story.

" I will choose the story this time girls," The woman said looking at the girls who grinned and nod their head.

She climbed into the bed, laying in the middle, with each child on her side. She watched them with a fond expression as she cleared her throat.

"A long time ago, in a lush rain forest, the predators decided to go for a hunt.

The jaguar leaped, the leopard pounced, the tiger stalked, the cheetah galloped to kill their prey.

The deer will run in a zigzag motion to safe itself from becoming a venison feast.

However as the day turn dusk, the mystical moon appears as the crystal clear sky turns dark,the forest determines who survives the night."

____________________________________________

She is running as fast as she could. The forest was pitch black causing her breath to turn erratic as her heartbeat increased hearing the sounds of the owl's hooting.

Night is a terror.

She hissed as the blade like leaves scrape her arms as she pushed her way through the dense forest. The soles of her feet were soiled with mud and blood as the grass blades pricked her feet.

She can hear his movement. She is trying to run as fast as she could.

Her heart thrummed loudly as though it's about to fall out of her chest.

His getting closer.

The stream was just a few distance away from her. Her mind urged her to ran faster.

A few feet away! Once you jump, you will be safe!

Her body failed to obey her mind as it screamed in fatigues and soreness.

Her eyes greedily eyed the blue water, she turned her head behind as she moved her body forward.

The golden eyes glimmered against the backdrop of the pitch black forest.

Her eyes widened. Her mouth parted open.

Splash!

She fell on the muddy space. Her limbs failed her as she tried to get up, only to fall back into the muddy space with a splashy wet noise.