Chapter 4

2000

Arakodi hide behind the pillar as she watched a group of policemen standing infront of her grandfather and Saniyadhanam.

" Look here ! I want you to stop all your illegal bar. This is my final warning!" The police officer said causing Saniyadhanam to smirk.

The police officer bristles in anger seeing the man smirking face. He let out a growl and pulled Saniyadhanam's shirt causing the others to growl.

In a second, all the policemen gasped. The other members of the clan had placed their hand sickle on each of their throat while the lead policeman looked with wide eyes.

Saniyadhanam chuckled and raised his palm slight causing everyone to drop their weapon.

" Okay officer we heard you," Saniyadhanam said causing the man to falter slightly.

The gang of police quickly left the house causing Saniyadhanam to grin while the other members laughed boisterously.

" Ah my dearest sister!" Saniyadhanam simpered causing Arakodi to wince.

Her heart began beating loudly as she gulped and walked from behind the pillar. Saniyadhanam grinned widely while the old man narrowed his eyes at the girl.

" What is the little sl*t doing here!" The old man cursed causing Arakodi to gulp.

" Swan grandfather...She is our golden egg laying Swan," Saniyadhanam said causing Arakodi's eyes to widened.

The man beckoned Arakodi towards him causing Arakodi to tremble. She let out a gasp as someone pushed her from behind. The crowd laughed boisterously as she fell down and staggered to get up.

" How's my Swan doing today ? Had fun seeing your valiant brother dealing with the policemen," Saniyadhanam crooned as he pulled her towards him.

Arakodi gulped and nod her head causing Saniyadhanam to grin widely.

" The exams are over...what is my Swan planning to do now ?" Saniyadhanam asked Arakodi who looked at him with wide eyes.

" I...Can I continue my studies?" Arakodi asked causing the old man to let out an angry shout.

" What's the need for wasting time and money! You only need to learn one thing ! How to open your legs and whelp out a son !" The old man said causing Arakodi to stiffen.

" That can be arranged by calling Kamala," the old man said with a leery smile.

Arakodi's eyes widened as she looked at Saniyadhanam and the old man. Her heart began trumping loudly as she felt a layer of sweat forming on her face.

" What say you sweet sister? " Saniyadhanam asked pinching her cheeks as he glared into her eyes.

" Obey! I will obey!" She stuttered out in pain causing Saniyadhanam to chuckle and nod his head.

" Are you scared of me sister ?" Saniyadhanam crooned causing Arakodi to swallow her saliva and duck her head down.

The man patted her head roughly and stood up.

" You will be going to school and in addition you will learn the art of seduction from Kamala," Saniyadhanam said causing Arakodi's eyes to widened as she looked up at him.

" Nonsense! We can't afford to spend more money on this Sl*t !" His grandfather boomed while the uncle nod his head.

Saniyadhanam turned his head and looked at his grandfather and uncle with a wide smile.

Arakodi shuddered as she saw him walking towards both the elder men. In an instant, he chocked both the men causing them to struggle for breath.

" I am leader, if you disrespect me so blatantly...then how will our family prosper ?" Saniyadhanam asked in a calm voice while chocking both the men.

" Should I kill them sweet sister?" Saniyadhanam asked causing Arakodi's face to turn white in horror.

" No!" She blurted out causing Saniyadhanam to increase the force on both men.

" See because of you both even my sweet sister is disobeying me now," Saniyadhanam said causing Arakodi's eyes to widened. She hastily shook her head and ducked her head causing Saniyadhanam to chuckle.

" I will do as my brother says," Arakodi said causing Saniyadhanam to chuckle.

He let the men go and the crowd exhaled their breath as they watched the men struggling to catch their breath.

" There's no need to bring Kamala! There's no need to go to school! I sent you to do your exam and that's more than enough. It's time you repay me," Saniyadhanam said and took a hold of Arakodi's right arm and dragged her away.

She was sent to the kitchen and handed a ladle on one hand and a broom in another hand.

A week later while she was blowing the fire as the pot of porridge bubbled on the hearth fire, she overheard the other maids tittering about Saniyadhanam's college plan.

' The devil may have left but its shadows still lingers,' Arakodi thought to herself.
_______________________________________

2022

Amar exhaled his breath as he stood on the balcony. His eyes gazing at the bright lights twinkling beyond the fence of the house.

" Cigarette?" Narain's voice chimed causing Amar to swallow his saliva as he turned his neck sideways eying the man who was puffing the cigarette.

Amar took the cigarette and inhaled it before blowing out smoke rings while Narain watched ahead.

" How's life treating you all these months?" Narain asked causing Amar to narrow his eyes at the man.

" Why?" He asked Narain who smirked and shook his head. He took the cigarette back from Amar and inhaled it.

" Casual talk Amar...is it so difficult to even talk these days ?" Narain asked with a smirk causing Amar to narrow his eyes at the man.

" Sir is calling," A voice floated upstairs causing Amar and Narain to glance at each other before walking out.

" Boys, your training will start in 3 minutes," Vikram Vasudev said causing the rest of them to nod their head and walk away.

Amar eyed Vikram who gave him an impassive look. The younger man smiled and the elder man who smirked and pat Amar's back.

" 2 minutes left," he told Amar who chuckled and walked away.

As Amar left, a shadow emerged from within a chamber. Vikram looked at the man who raised his eyebrows at the rouge agent.

" Is it wise to involve him ?" The man asked Vikram who smiled.

" He still belongs to the agency. There is no resignation for people like us," Vikram said causing the man to nod his head.

" I trust your judgement Amjad," the man told Vikram who blinked once in agreement.

When the boys came back wearing their outfits, Vikram lead them to the basement. Amar's eyes widened as he saw many vintage weapon stored in the basement. Vikram began testing the groups endurance and shooting strength and limit all through the night.

When dawn arrived, the boys went to have a short nap.

On the other hand, Amar exhaled his breath and washed his face with icy cool water. He grabbed his sweatshirt and track pants before wearing his earbuds.
He began to leave the house and jog on the road.

On the balcony Vikram watched as Amar silhouette disappearing on the left junction of the street.

_______________________________________