Chapter 8

2002

The railway station was busy. Vendors walked up and down the platform, shoving their goodies infront of the passengers face while they simultaneously shouted the name of the product on top of their lungs.

It was like a swarm of bees as people in groups, pair and even singular person walked left and right the platform as they pointed their forefinger towards the bulletin board.

Arakodi swallowed her saliva as she held her small bundle tightly. She gasped softly when people pushed past her as they walked around while Arakodi stumbled.

Saniyadhanam thankfully ignored her as he talked with his uncle in a hushed manner while his wife was talking with a few other members of the clan. She wrinkled her nose as she watched the women laughing sultry as she conversed with the men. She exhaled her breath and averted her gaze towards the platform instead.

Arakodi let out a sharp whine when she left a piercing pain on her feet. She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down and saw the imp glaring at her.

" You better keep your mouth and bum shut! If you try anything funny, your dear Kalichan will be buried 6 feet under!" The imp said causing Arakodi's heart to beat loudly.

She wiped the corner of her eyes and averted her face from the impertinent imp. Saniyadhanam had forbid her from bringing the mongrel with them and threatened to shoot dear kalichan of she refused to compile to his whims. In the Arakodi had to leave him and half of her heart with him behind while she followed Saniyadhanam and his new wife.

The sound of the train alerted the clan. A pair of burly man walked towards her. One took her bundle and the other gripped her arms as they proceed to walk towards the train.

They shoved her into a berth and sat next to her, placing her inbetween themselves. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself as she stared at the opposite berth where Saniyadhanam and his wife sat.

" My golden Swan," Saniyadhanam said in an affectionate manner as he leaned forward and stroke her right cheek.

He chuckled when Arakodi gulped and closed her eyes in fear. The burly men next to her smacked her thighs and arm causing her to hiss. She shivered as she grimaced to her brother who smirked, relishing her fear.

The journey was long and unpleasant for Arakodi as she huddled in the corner of their designated seat. Throughout the night, she placed both her hands on her ears as she closed her eyes, trying to avoid the grunts and moaning sounds that came from next to her and opposite her.

When the train finally arrived at Mumbai, she jumped up her seat causing Saniyadhanam to raise his eyesbrows.

" Your new life awaits my dearest," he said as his gaze pierced hers.
_______________________________________

2022

Benita took the glass of water on Nathan James table and gulped it. A few trails of water escaped her mouth and trailed down her neck, causing a small patch of wetness on her blouse.

Nathan looked with her in wry amusement. His eyes however held a small tint of concern. He cleared his throat and sat on his desk, his long legs dangling on the side as he looked at Benita who was sitting on the chair  infront of him.

" I...I can't do this sir. I am not a wh*re," Benita said in a trembling voice causing Nathan to part open his mouth. His glanced towards the couch where Raj Dubey sat and gave him a stern look. Nathan exhaled his breath and stood up. He walked towards Benitha and squat next to her seat.

He gave her the most dazzling smile as he placed his hand on her trembling hands, holding it firmly as he gazed into her face. Benita's face changed into a bright blush causing Nathan to inwardly smirk while giving her a calm smile.

" Benita, if there's anyone who I trust in this crucial assignment, it's you;" Nathan James said causing Benita to swallow her saliva.

" I can't sir...you saw what happened at the station," she trembled causing Raj Dubey to frown.

" What happened?" Raj Dubey asked in concerned. Nathan James glared at him and shook his head before looking at Benita.

" That's different circumstances. Look Benita, I have seen you during your patrol. You know...I was there," Nathan James said causing Benita to furrow her eyesbrows as she glanced at him with a curious face.  Nathan James smiled and got up. He walked towards his desk, grabbing the cigarette box.

Benita swallowed her saliva and shook her head when he offered her the cigarette box. The man smiled and took a cigarette, placing it in between his lips.

" During the protest in front of the ministers house," Nathan continued as he lighted the cigarette while Benita parted her mouth in surprise.

Nathan smirked and exhaled a puff of smoke as he watched her face.

" Your sharp and you managed to find the drug peddler first although it was Kumar who caught them...you and I both know who truly caught him," Nathan said with a chuckle.

" Sir that was-" Benita began when Nathan exhaled his breath.

" You smacked him and pushed him into the jeep when he tried to ran away and you slapped him when he tried to scare you...but that's not why I want you," Nathan said and Benita blinked.

" You're sharp and smart. You pretend to be a meek lamb but you're far more dangerous...You're a siren waiting to be unleashed," Nathan said while Benita shook her head.

" I can't be a prostitute sir...I am-" Benita said and stopped halfway as she felt her insides shrunk in fear.

" We are not asking you to sleep with anyone Benita...You just have to pose as a prostitutes and we have a team working behind you to secure you," Raj Dubey said causing Benita to press her lips together.

" Beni...We have been waiting for years to catch this bastards and we have had countless of informations that they visit prostitutes. Trust us...Trust me Benita," Nathan James said as he gave her a look of utmost condition.

" I..." She stuttered and mumbled that she has some financial issues causing Nathan to glance at Raj who shrug his shoulder and nod his head.

" We will increase your salary. If you have any other problem, let us know and we will help you. From today, you will have a training period of a week. A team will help you dress, act and behave like a prostitutes and kumar will act as your chauffeur. Thank you so much Benita," Nathan James crowed and walked away leaving a undecided woman behind.

______________________________________