Chapter 2

2022

Amar let out a guttural scream as he woke up abruptly. Sweating like a pig, his bedspread drenched as he groaned and rubbed his eyes.

His head bursting in pain as memories of Gayathiri's raw and agonized voice rang through his mind.

' Amar, where do you work ?' Her voice whispered in his mind causing him to snarl and swipe his large paw on the side table.

The glass bottles smashed on the floor. The liquid running downwards.
The pieces of glass pierced his soles.

Yet all he heard was her voice.

Amar let out a guttural scream as he walked towards the bathroom, his bloody footprints pressed on the cement floor as he zigzagged towards the tiny bathroom.

He submerged his entire head into the tub of water. He opened his raw red eyes and mouth, screaming loudly.

" Gayathiri," he screamed again and again as water hit his orbs and went through inside his nose and mouth.

After a while, the pain became numb and her voice gradually disappeared from his head.

Amar staggered back and leaned against the wall as he let out short breath through his mouth as his chest heaved rapidly.

The sound of his ringtone made the man exhale his breath. He staggered back towards the small room and picked up the hand-phone.

*" Hello,"* Amar said as his eyes stared out at the window.

*" I will be there!"* he said when he heard the news relayed on the other side.

Amar exhaled his breath and quickly changed his clothes. He grabbed his black mask and stuffed it inside his laptop bag. He slung his laptop bag over his shoulder and slid his phone inside his jeans pocket and walked out of the room.

The streets were brimming with vendors selling their goodies and knick knacks. The bustling crowd gave an advantage to Amar. He managed to camouflage himself and blend amongst the crowd as he turned left and right into every nook and corner until he reached the train station.

" Oh f**k!" He cursed out as he ran down the extremely long stairway. He ran after the train which had begin moving.

Amar's eyes widened when a slender hand came out from the train. He applied all his strength and ran forward until he manged to grab the hand.

He gripped it hard and jumped into the train. He panted softly as he closed his eyes.

" Tha-" He began as he opened his eyes and saw a crowd of children wearing school uniform.

A small girl smiled and pointed her finger causing Amar to blink and turned his head looking at a slender figure of a woman holding a large yellow woven handbag. A picture of a black scorpion with butterfly wings were stamped on the bag.

Her long silky black hair swished playfully as the wind passed through her hair. He furrowed his eyebrows as he saw her blending herself into the crowd of ladies.

Amar's eyes narrowed as flashes of the scorpion symbol emerged through his mind. He pressed his lips together and he began striding towards the compartment.

His eyes searched around the crowd, trying to pinpoint the bag as he shoved himself through the crowd.

" Hey! This is a ladies compartment !" A plump woman hissed at Amar when he pushed her aside.

A few ladies vegan harrowing insults at him as they urged him to leave the compartment. Amar clenched his fist and turned around, walking out of the compartment.

Unknown to him, the woman with the yellow handbag tilt her head to the side watching him walking away determinedly.

* Next Station, Tirumala Station,* the AI said causing Amar to exhale his breath.

When the train stopped at the track, he immediately got down from the train and walked out from the station. His brown orbs gazed left and right.

His eyes shined slightly and he began walking towards the tea shop located right in front of the station.

Amar glanced at the pair of men sipping tea while a group of older men sat on the stool as they gossiped over the political news as they flipped their newspaper.

" Anna, 1 cup of black tea," Amar told the tea seller and walked towards the men in the black jackets.

He placed a cigarette in between his lips and asked the shorter man for a lighter. When the man passed him the lighter, he lit his cigarette and blew out smoke rings.

Amar passed the lighter back to the man and turned around grabbing the tea cup from the vendor.

He sipped the tea and puffed his cigarette hearing the idle gossips from the elder men.

" Did you know, Ramasamy's son was recently admitted in the hospital. The police came to visit the neighborhood and the school," A man said loudly.

" Really ? Police was involved for small ruffians fights ?" Another man asked.

Amar pretended to scroll his phone as he exhaled smoke rings while the men continued their gossips.

His eyes widened slight as the man told his friends that the boy was involved with drugs. Amar bite the inside of his cheeks and slight the phone inside his left jeans pocket.

He paid the vendor and threw his cigarette bud before walking away. He made a sharp right turn and entered a sleepy alley. He smiled at a little boy who stared awed at him and placed a dollar on the bowl of sleeping hermit.

Halfway through the alley, a bullet passed by him and stopped a few feet away. Amar smiled and walked towards the bullet and got up. He placed his hands on the riders shoulder as the bullet zoomed away.

Amar's eyes widened as they reached a large mansion in the depth of the forest. He exhaled his breath and swung his legs down from the bike.

Benny smirked as he opened his helmet and got down from the bike. He hugged Amar who exhaled his breath and pat his shoulder.

The thick black door opened and at the same time bikes sounds were heard. Amar turned his head back and saw the other two men getting out of the bullet.

Anthony and Chen smirked as they tipped their head to Amar. When the gang turned around, Narain stood in front of the door smiling at Amar and the gang.

" Welcome to our new base," Narain said pulling Amar into a hug.

" Whose place is this?" Amar asked in awe as he eyed the statues and interior decorations.

" Amjad's ancestral house," Narain said with a smile causing Amar to furrow his eyebrows.

" Whose Amjad ?" Amar asked in a skeptical tone.

The men chuckled causing Amar's irritation to increase. He wrinkled his nose as he eyed Narain who gave him an amicable smile.

Thud!

The strong footsteps were heard clearly. Narain smiled enigmatically as he turned towards Amar.

" His Amjad," Narain said with a smile, looking towards the corridor.

Amar turned his face and his eyes widened. His face glowed brightly as he smiled seeing the figure in front of him.

Agent Vikram Vasudev stood under the archway as he stared at Amar.

_______________________________________