#1 Acting Grandmaster Jean and Spark Knight Klee

You set your feet to the ground, the dewy grass brushing your legs made you smile slightly, sighing as you made your way to the Starfell valley, needing to clean yourself. The night was cool and windy but you slept in a tree nonetheless and your bed head made you looked even more disheveled than you should've, being in a game.

You made it to Starfell lake well past noon since you couldn't teleport and you had to raid several hillichurl camps for Mora and other valuables on the way.

Upon reaching the lake, you took off your slippers/shoes and walked through the shallow end of the water then ice bridged till you got to the statue of the seven on a small island.

You climbed up on the island and proceeded to shed your layers, folding and leaving them by the statue before you waded out to the deeper end, sighing at the warm feeling of the water, watching fish race by your feet as you continued to tread water.

You dipped your head under the water and swam to the bottom of the lake to touch the sand, giggling as you swam back to the surface for air. Just before you got to the surface, you saw a flash of something red and white?? It looked a lot like....

‘Oh, hell no....! I just got here!'

You swam away from that area as quickly as you could, but unfortunately, the bomb had already dropped into the water, the explosion stunning you for a second before you went round to the back of the island, watching Klee throw bombs into the water.

Your eyes sparkled with renewed interest as she seemed to produce the bombs from thin air, just like her in game mechanism and it made you giggle before you heard a voice that you could never mistake...... Jean's voice.

“Klee! Stop that right now! I told you to stop killing the fish in Starfell lake. You know the consequences of this young lady, and you just got yourself three days in solitary confinement!”

Unable to help yourself, you burst out laughing at the spectacle, swimming back out into the water where they both set their eyes on you “I'm so sorry for interrupting, but this is just really funny. Please don't mind me, carry on”

Jean noticed that you were bare from your neck down and her cheeks turned red as she asked “Wh-what on earth are you doing naked in the water here?? There's a child right there! And who are you?”

You tapped your chin before answering, a small smile on your face “I'm cleaning myself as you can see, I had a rough night, sleeping in a tree..... And well, as for who I am. I'm a traveler, but you can call me (Name) (Surname)”

Jean nodded before asking Klee to swim back to her and hugging the child so that you could come out of the water without her seeing your naked body. You slipped your clothes back on as quickly as you could, then sat on the edge of the island, wearing your slippers/shoes.

As soon as you stood to your feet, you took a deep breath and opened the widsith in your left hand, using your right hand to focus cryo, then just as you stepped onto the water, you dropped your hand and stretched it towards the shore, walking quickly on the icy path to get to Jean and Klee.

You hopped off the ice and landed on the dry ground, smiling at the blonde woman. Klee separated herself from Jean and stared up at you in wonder “You're so pretty! Klee wants to play with the pretty O-neesan~”

“Klee, what did I tell you about staring?” Jean asked in a matter of fact tone, making you squat and pat the elf on her head “I believe Klee should enjoy her childhood the best she can, ma'am. You can only do it once after all”

“I'm in no way supporting her killing innocent fish with bombs although it's quite an interesting concept, but to deprive a child from doing childish things isn't the best idea. At least, I don't think it is...... She might not be able to have fun later on in life if she keeps following the rules and being rigid all the time.... I mean, it's part of what makes us human”

Jean stared at you in wonder before clearing her throat “I understand, but rules are meant to be followed and if one of our own isn't kept in line, how will the other Knights know how to behave-”

“I don't believe you have any more children who are Knights, do you? Klee got a vision at such a young age and that's extremely rare. Do correct me if I'm wrong” you cut her off, standing and staring her in the eyes, waiting for her next move.

She simply sighed and let a small smile creep onto her face “It's been quite a while since we had someone as interesting as you come into the land of the wind..... Will you come back to Mondstadt with myself and Klee? I would like you to join the Knights of Favonius, miss (Name)”

You sighed “You're inviting me to your city and you didn't even introduce yourself to me...... Don't you think that's a bit rude...?”

You couldn't let on that you knew any of these characters, even though you absolutely loved Jean and her anemo abilities, divulging any information concerning them could have them thinking you were some sort of a spy and you'd like to leave Teyvat unharmed and in one piece.

She blinked before extending her hand and introducing herself “My name is Jean Gunnhildr. I am the Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you consider my offer of joining the Knights, (Name), you seem like a strong individual”

Looking up to the sky that had already began to turn orange, you sighed and began walking in the direction of Mondstadt after shaking her hand, after all, it'd be rude to leave her hanging, Klee following quickly behind you and raising her hands to make sure you carried her.

“So, Acting Grandmaster...... I presume that since you've invited me to the city where the wind itself once dwelled, that you have corresponding accomodations for my very able self. Right?”

You sent her a wink over your shoulder as you lifted Klee and settled her on your hip, continuing your journey to the city of Mondstadt.

“E-eh?!

You giggled at the flustered response before Klee stated very clearly for you to hear “Grandmaster Jean is the best! Grandmaster Jean is kind although she doesn't let Klee go fish blasting..... But Grandmaster Jean is a very nice person. Klee is Spark Knight Klee!”

“Of course, Spark Knight! I can see that Jean is a good person. If not, she wouldn't have willingly offered me accommodation in Mondstadt and without cost too!”

“Ehh??!!!!! I did no such thing!!!"

I really enjoyed writing this part of the story. I think it showcases Jean's dynamic with Klee as more loving, since Klee is still a child, irrespective of the fact that she's one of their most important Knights.