#7 A test and.... K-kaeya?!

You had barely taken a step out of your room the next morning when Kaeya grabbed the doorknob, pulling you into his grasp and shutting the door in one fluid motion, his face devoid of expression as he stared down at you.

“Come with me. There's something you need to see.” he whispered into your ear, lifting your chin with a finger before stepping away altogether, not even waiting for you before he started striding down the hall, as if looking for someone to beat up.

You blinked, wondering what exactly just happened to you and why Kaeya had suddenly become so stiff. It wasn't to say that however fleeting his touch was, it didn't do anything, you just weren't sure you could be worrying about that right now with the way this man was acting.

“Is something wrong, Kae-”

“Just hush and follow me.” he glanced over his shoulder at you, his eye somehow seemingly darker than it originally was.

“Where are we going, then?” you asked, suspicions increasing because you genuinely hoped he wasn't taking you back to a gate near Khaenri'ah to sacrifice you to some creature of the Abyss order or the other.

“You’ll see soon enough.... Good morning. Sorry about the abrupt kidnapping too, it's just the Knights want to see you in action and I kept telling them no, but-”

“You call this a kidnapping? You're gonna have to try harder if you want to kidnap me, Kaeya.” you cut him short, shaking your head as a smile graced his lips.

“And if the Knights wanna see me in action, they'll get more than enough action from me. I’ll keep them on their toes”  you smirked, excitement making your heart rate rise.

This was the kind of thrill you wanted, exactly what you were expecting the second you realized you were stuck here with no way home.

-

You absolutely couldn't understand what exactly was happening and how it even started. Well..... You had some semblance of memory as to how it started, but why?

You hadn't the slightest clue.

Blood trickled down Albedo's sword as he held it out to the side, an arm behind his back and his right foot placed slightly forward. Impeccable fencing form, if you would dare to compliment him.

His opponent on the other hand wasn't faring too well, Eula stabbing her great sword into the ground as she applied cryo to her body, freezing the blood that ran down her thigh.

“You shouldn't leave skin exposed, Captain of the reconnaissance team. It'd give your attacker room to actually increase your vulnerability by stabbing right where they see skin.” Albedo gave her a slight nod, a look of indifference on his face as the patrol Knights watched in awe.

Eula wasn't only strong, but she was quick on her feet. By balancing her weight well with acrobatic and intrinsic movements, she could swing her claymore around like it weighed nothing.

However, the weight of the claymore always seemed to slow her down, no matter how hard she tried. And try she did, she blocked Albedo's sharp sword.

Well, she tried to, but the song of broken pines could only move so fast, she barely shielded herself and the alchemist stabbed her right through the thigh. How she was still moving was an absolute miracle to you, you could never understand it, your attention once again being drawn back to the fight at hand as she did a spin attack, then hauled the sword at Albedo, using the side of her boot to direct it's trajectory and increase it's speed.