#6 Chief Alchemist Albedo Kreideprinz

Running down the stairs that led to Mondstadt's front gate, you panted, pausing to catch sight of Albedo as you looked out of the city, the man had refused to slow down and for good reason too, but what if he somehow needed your help along the way? What then?

You fortunately spotted him running into the whispering woods, so you ran after him, your footfalls scaring the pigeons on the bridge away, the child who stood by the side of the bridge yelling at you to not hurt them.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your Mom, Timmie??!" you screeched at him over your shoulder as you launched yourself up onto the nearest ledge, peering into the continuously darkening forest for any sign of the chalk prince.

Deciding to follow your instincts, you ran right through the whispering woods, heading straight for Starfell lake since Klee always went there to blast fish apparently.

However, you slowed to a stop, remembering something useful.

How could you forget about elemental sight?

You closed your eyes and focused, opening them mere moments later to look for footprints.

Traces of gold energy lined some of the footprints going in the same direction you were, hinting Albedo wasn't too far.

Grinning, you ran through the trees and turned right, only for the cold metal of a sword to press into your neck, your hands coming up slowly in a gesture of surrender before you blinked at the person holding the sword.

'Albedo?!'

Grabbing cinnabar spindle around the middle of the blade, you shoved it downwards, swiftly kicking the blond in the gut before you jumped back, letting go of the sword to avoid him injuring you, your arms raised in surrender.

"I'm not trying to hurt anyone, okay? I just followed you to help you find Klee. She's not back apparently and I think it would be smarter and faster if you had help. Don't you?"

"Hmm.... Don't run around like you're looking for trouble, then. I almost sliced your head off" he gave you a side eye, turning around and flinging his sword up into the air, the weapon vanishing into golden particles and reappearing on his back.

"The fact that you stopped just before that is proof that you wouldn't have, Albedo. Where did she go? Fish blasting? If so, we only have to go to Starfell lake-"

"How do you know where she always goes? You've barely known her for a week." he cut you off, pausing to let you walk ahead as he regarded you with wary aqua eyes.

"Well, before I came to Mondstadt, I stopped by the lake to uh.... Have a bath of some form and coincidentally, not long after I had gotten into the water, Klee came there with her bombs" you giggled at the fond memory, pushing aside the fact that a ten year old had almost killed you, stopping for a moment.

Albedo seemed to stiffen at your words, his shoulders sinking as he paused behind you "I'd like to apologize on behalf of Klee, she's always so used to-"

"Oh, it's fine, really. I'm not mad about it, so you don't need to apologize. Let's spend this time looking for her after we get to the lake instead of standing around and moping here, okay?"

You gave his arm a light pat, walking on ahead as you called out for the little terrorist.

"Klee!!!! Are you here??! Klee, sweetheart! You can come out now!"

Albedo immediately shushed you, pointing a little ways across the lake in the direction of Springvale.

"Dodocooo? Come back..... No!!! Give him back!!" the little elf's voice echoed, a bomb going off immediately Albedo grabbed you and yanked you in the direction of her voice.