#3 The Knights of Favonius and the Dutiful Maid

By the time morning had rolled around, your Widsith now had a fake cryo vision attached to it's cover and you were in the outfit Jean had given to you, sans armor.

As soon as you left your room, you were met with Kaeya muttering something as he walked down the hallway. You discreetly returned to your room and attempted closing the door, however, a boot slipped between the door and it's frame, making your breath hitch.

You allowed the male push the door open as you offered him a small wave “H-hi..... Good morning Calvary Captain Kaeya” his eye widened before he blinked and his gaze suddenly turned predatory “Well, hello there, little lady~ We met last night by the Cider lake, do you remember? You didn't tell me you were the newest addition to the Knights, I feel betrayed”

“You should know better than to trust a woman you've only met once, Kaeya. Doing so will make you regret having a brain but not using it”

You rolled your eyes and pushed past him, brushing a hand over the back of your skirt as you strolled out of your room, waiting for him to follow you so you could lock the door. As soon as he took a step past you, he materialized his sword and swung it at you.

You barely managed to duck under it before you imbued your hands with Cryo and slammed them together with all the force you could muster to create an enormous shockwave that threw him off balance for a second.

You grabbed his wrist and pressed the Favonius sword right up against his neck, a smile on your face “Slow, aren't we? And to think you're the Calvary Captain”

Kaeya smirked before leaning even closer to the sword and dipping his head by yours “You've got quite the mouth on you, (Name). I wonder what more you do besides deceive innocent men”

You scoffed, walking away from him “You attacked me first, so you're anything but innocent, Kaeya. Why don't you accompany me to the meeting room to make up for that?”

Walking beside you, Kaeya took your hand and dropped a kiss on the back of it, a grin on his face “Oh, it would be an immense pleasure to”

You had barely opened the door when you heard Jean scolding someone, no doubt it was your 10 year old baby elf, Klee.

You let your arm slip from Kaeya's as you walked over to Jean and grabbed her arm “Um, Jean, a word?” A hand latched onto yours and the calm and recognizable voice of Albedo followed “I believe you should be calm in your dealings with the Grandmaster. And think before you act, miss”

“Mr Albedo, I am calm. Releasing me would be in your best interests, I just want to talk to Jean” You sassed him, placing your free hand on your hip.

The alchemist appeared to be taken aback as he let you go, watching you and Jean leave the meeting room.

As soon as you came face to face with the blonde, you crossed your arms and glared at her “So what happened this time??”

She sighed and pointed in the direction of the elf's room “Please follow me” Not long after she descended the stairs, you ran into a bunch of workers who were sealing the blackened wall back up and you stared in confusion at the scene before it dawned on you.

Klee had destroyed her room with a bomb

You gave Jean a pat on the back and apologized before heading back to the Knight's meeting room and taking a seat between Eula and Kaeya, completing the Cryo circle at the end of the table.

‘Not me feeling like a boss bitch’

You cleared your throat and made to ask Kaeya something when a cheery voice from the other side of the table called out to you “Oh, hi! I didn't realize we had a citizens representative coming to the meeting. It's nice to meet you, Outrider Amber, at-”

A snicker from Kaeya cut her off “Amber.... She's the new Knight, not a representative for citizens of Mond” the pyro vision wielder looked taken aback for the slightest of seconds before she stood and began greeting you properly.

“My sincerest apologies! I didn't know that you were the Knight the Acting Grandmaster handpicked to join us! Outrider Amber, at your humble service, ma'am!”

You blinked when she bent over at the waist, her bunny scarf nearly poking your eyes out as you tilted your head to the side just in time “Oh my goodness, Amber it's fine! You don't have to apologize for that. It was just an honest mistake, please raise your head-”

“But as a fellow Knight, I shouldn't have-”
You interjected, you neck beginning to hurt due to the angle it was inclined at “Amber, just raise it for Barbatos's sake”

You heard a light scoff from your side and directed your eyes to the source of the sound “You made Amber apologize like that in this room? I will exact my vengeance on you!”

You looked Eula over and sighed ‘Remind me why exactly I fell into this game in particular?’

Jean came back into the room accompanied by Noelle and you gave the maid a soft smile, remembering when you first started the game and she was the first healing unit you had in your party.

“So as you all know, I called you all here to make an announcement. (Name)? An introduction please” she focused on you, all the heads in the room turning to face you, several pairs of piercing eyes settling on you.

You took a deep breath as you stood to your feet, summoning your grimoire and helping it hover by placing your hand several centimeters under it, a Cryo Cecilia sprouting from the pages

“I'm (Name), I'm a traveler from a faraway land, and I am a Cryo vision bearer. I will give more personal information after the Acting Grandmaster is done with the meeting. Thank you for having me”

You closed your hand around the grimoire and made it vanish, the book hovering by your ankles when you took your seat as you relaxed into the chair, listening intently to Kaeya's comments and retorts as the meeting carried on.

As soon as Jean finished up, Amber, Klee, Kaeya and Noelle were all over you, while Eula and Albedo were nowhere to be found.

You answered most of their questions truthfully before thinking about who you should convince to join your party.

‘I could use a physical DPS. Especially for several boss fights, plus Eula's elemental burst is very useful...... So first, I guess I'll go after Eula’

You spared a glance at the busy maid knight before changing your mind “I need a healer first and foremost. Hey, Noelle! Will you join my party?”

She blinked before holding a hand to her mouth “Party? You're throwing a party? Why didn't you tell me this sooner? I could have arranged -”

You grabbed her hands, explaining the situation to her as best as you could
“Well, you know I came to Teyvat looking for answers.... So I need a team of reliable fellows who will help me while I travel across the nations in my search. So, if you would, please be my healer.”

She gave you a squinted eye smile “Of course, (Name). Although I believe we should inform the Acting Grandmaster first before we take off on any adventures. I would love to travel with you since you seem like such a wonderful person”

A notice appeared above Noelle's head in bright blinking purple lights.

GEO 4 STAR CHARACTER ACQUIRED
NOELLE
ROLE IN PARTY : Shielder/Healer
Congratulations! 🎉🎉

You grit your teeth at the nerve of this game. It was making light of you even after kidnapping you, but it was fine..... You would definitely find a way around it and you would start by getting your first 5 star character along with the best weapon for her.

You would start making headway by adding Eula to your party. And that was your one and only concrete decision at this particular moment.

• • • • •

Oh my goodness I forgot this book existed I am so sorry for the late update 😭😭😭
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, though.
Thank you for reading.