#8 Diluc Ragnvindr and Astrologist Mona Megistus

Stepping out into the hot sun, you were barely able to make it to the crafting bench, hiding under the cool shade the tarpaulin provided.

“Phew. At this rate, I'm never going to get those materials for Diona. I need that child.”

However, a man dressed in a heavy black coat adorned with golden material walked by. In the sweltering heat!

The red hair made you do a double take and you blinked “Wait, isn't that Diluc.....?? He doesn't even take off the coat?? I feel like I'm being tortured and here he is-”

“It’s probably because you're a cryo vision bearer. You're more suited to cold places than warm ones.” Timaeus chuckled, catching you off guard.

since when were npc’s allowed to talk?

“I’m gonna go stalk that man, just a second, Tom.”

“It’s Timaeus. So Tim, maybe?” he nervously voiced out.

You rolled your eyes and kept walking, realizing that he was going out of the city gates and that meant one thing.

He was going to the winery.

There was no way you could skulk around and trail him without being seen, so you needed some form of help.

Jean was busy, Klee thought he was weird, Albedo had no reason to speak to Diluc, Diona was......

“Diona!” you ran straight to the Cat’s Tail, opening the door and looking around for the pink haired cat girl, but alas she was nowhere to be found, Margaret telling you moments later thant she had gone out to gather ingredients, so you hurried back to the crafting bench to shake Timaeus down for mist flower Corollas.

Not even ten minutes later, you were running out of the city gates, hopping off the bridge and onto the cider lake, plunging down and creating a thin sheet of ice on top of the water.

You quickly ran across the water, letting cryo envelope your feet as you created icy footholds strong enough for you to seem like you were standing on the water’s surface for nearly three seconds.

You climbed up the slope and darted into the whispering woods, hurrying along the path before hiding behind a tree and catching sight of Diluc picking lamp grass and..... Eating it??!!!!

You could not believe your eyes. Did that mean they all had to ingest their ascension material??? That meant you'd have to eat some weird things if you wanted a power up.

“damn... wait did he just bulk up??? What the fuck is going on?” you blinked as you saw his vision gleam even brighter before returning to its usual state, the quiet man seeming like he had added an extra layer of muscle, his coat tighter around his upper arms.

“Diluc, you are a sight for sore eyes after a long day of artifact farming, god dam-”

“Who’s there? Show yourself this instant.” he called out, red eyes nearly catching sight of you when he turned.

You almost weren't fast enough, ducking behind the tree and covering your mouth with both hands, holding your breath.

He was going to kill you if you came out, and if he found you himself he might just burn you to cinders.

However, his claymore smashed through the tree on your right, making you let out a squeak of horror, dashing to the right and into his grasp, his hand circling around your neck and lifting you with no struggle at all.

“So you're the one who was following me. Would you like to tell me why you're here, spying on me..... Knight of Favonius?”

You clutched at his wrist, your lungs burning as you looked down at him, trying your best to talk despite the fact that he was strangling you.