#10 The beginning

A violent gust of wind rattling at your window woke you up in the afternoon , making you sit up in bed with an angry scowl on your face because why was Venti being so annoying?

You padded over to the window, opening it, only to scream as you were tossed across the room by a chilling gale.

Hanging onto the carpet in the middle of the room, you groaned as you tried to pull yourself back to the window to see what exactly was going on outside, because the sky had become a dark grey, clouds blocking out the rays of sunlight that were threatening to wake you mere moments ago.

“I’m pretty sure it's not even evening so what the hell is happening?? I saw sunlight a few seconds ago too. Can I get a break?!”

At that moment, a flash of something moving caught your attention but when you looked up, saying you weren't ready for what you saw would be the understatement of the century.

It was Dvalin.... Dvalin who was supposed to be protecting Mondstadt was now attacking it.

It was sad, but you knew the reason for this, so you let yourself slip from the window, holding onto your coffee table and snatching your widsith from it.

“One of the twins.... One of the twins is in Mondstadt right now!”

You dashed out of the Knight's headquarters, running out into the street and jumping down the stairs in a hurry while you tugged your boots on as quickly as you could, wanting to be dressed properly to meet whomever it was, be it Lumine or Aether.

To your very surprise, you only met Amber yelling at the tornado.

When she caught sight of you, she ran over to warn you, but at that second, time seemed to slow to a snail's pace, probably even stopping the moment you looked over to a Mondstadtian home and saw Lumine standing on the roof, trying to remain out of sight, but while searching the ground for someone or something, her eyes met yours.

“What the hell....... Why the actual fuck is Lumine here?!! Does that mean..... Does that mean that the whole time during the first Archon quest, she was..... She was watching Aether from the very beginning!!”

“I remember you. You're the one who saw everything happen. Over and over again. You should be careful not to draw the Fatui’s attention or else you won't be able to come back from there.”

“There? What the hell is she talking about? What does she mean by there....?” you thought, unable to move an inch as color faded out of the world, yourself and the blond woman being the only people not greyed out or unmoving.

“ ̷§̷Ω̷∆̷¿̷·̷b̷ẞ̷î̷æ̷Ω̷

Her words made you feel lightheaded all of the sudden. You could hear her voice but you couldn't understand what she was saying, yet...... Lumine kept eye contact with you, waiting for you to respond.

“I.... I don't understand!” you yelled at her, a soft smile on her face as she turned around to walk away.

“You don't need to, not yet anyway.” you immediately jumped into the tornado, hoping you could get close to the roof and talk to her a bit more.

“Lumine, wait!” you called out, shooting a blast of ice at the roof of the house she was on as you managed to jump from the tornado, sliding down the ice bridge and running towards her.

The city of Mondstadt regained its color in an instant and someone blocked you from reaching Lumine.

Rather..... It was something.