Chapter 18

EMMA'S POV
Guns. I can't..... can't use guns. What..what if she makes me use ...another one on another person?  I'm not ready for this. I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. I'm currently in pain, with a risk of infection, and all thats rattling around in my head is exhaustion and guilt. Why? Why is this world so cruel? As i looked around, none of the other girls seemed to pay attention to me as they were all focused on their own tasks. But that was my biggest mistake.

BANG....BANg....BAng....Bang....bang....ban..............

Everything was blurry. I couldn't see, all i could hear was the sounds of guns reverberating. Tears were fogging my eyes. That's when i felt my knees knock together, and my body slamming down onto the floor. Even that pain couldn't stop or affect my emotions. Ive had panic attacks, but none have ever been like this...but then again I've never been in this situation before.

Of course I couldn't even get a moment of piece in this god forbidden place..before i felt searing pain all across my body. I couldn't rule the pain out, but it didn't have much affect on me after a while. I just knew i was a crumpled, crying mess on the floor suffering the effects of a severe panic attack getting attacked by black smudges in my eyesight. After around 2 minutes i was able to see almost normal again, and the adrenaline of what had just happened wore off, and the searing pain was all my body and brain could register. Tears started leaking again, but i could see clearer this time. I saw guards were standing above me, looking ready to strike. That is until i heard Madame B's voice

"Take her"

Take me? Take me where!? Am I going to be killed...already? I didn't even get to save my mom, or even say goodbye to her. I didn't get to live my life. I had so much planned to do. There's many things i did wrong that i need to right. Who was going to protect my hometown, there's no one. What about my powers? If I'm getting taken to my death, what's the popping in using them. That would just get me into more trouble and problems. I'd rather go out quite peacefully. With those thoughts in my head, and the previous worrying thoughts forgotten as nothing mattered anymore, more tears leaked out of my eyes. I don't care what anyone thinks of me now. If they think I'm weak they can believe that. I'm done fighting. Ive had enough.
I just hope my mom is ok. That's all I care about. But if i outed my abilities, there's no doubt she would be in even more danger.

In the next moments, my body was dragged by how many guards. I let them drag me, i gave up. Tears clouded my eyes once again. Although i did see the nerve racking silhouette of Madame B following me. I guess this creep has a liking for seeing kids die. I'm happy to be leaving this place, even if it isn't the best circumstances. Sure i hated this world at times and felt lonely, but i enjoyed the company of myself when no-one else was around. I don't want to go I've up those peaceful moment.....but of course we don't always get what we want.

I was dragged for around 20 minutes, and in that time I stopped crying and accepted my fate hoping to keep a shred of my dignity. I was then taken into to a room, which I couldn't see the contents due to my back being turned against them. I was then picked up and and shoved roughly into a chair. I glared at the guards hoping to be intimidating in my final moments to show my hatred towards them. Before i could even lift a finger more guards were strapping me down to this gurney like dentist chair. It was at that moment that Madame B decided to walk directly in front of me. Oh how i wanted to strangle her for what she caused to people in this facility and the people she had killed.

"Well...well..well, look who we have. Now i do remember saying that compliance will be rewarded. You haven't shown any. You made a fool of yourself in training, and you are not as strong as i thought you were. Mentally that is. I still think of you....barely, as an asset. Plus I also went to a big length to capture you and i do not like my hard work wasted. And so i will improve you. Your mother was much more considerate of my kindness and hard work unlike yourself"