Chapter 32

A/N - I KNOW I SAID THE  NEXT PART WOULD BE UP LAST WEEK BUT I HAD REALLY BAD WRITERS BLOCK AND MY WIFI WENT OUT. I'm sorry for the delay but the new part is finally up!

EMMA'S POV

Jason?

I was really confused. How was Jason here? I thought he was back at base. Before I knew it the kid was out of my arms.

I just saved the kid, and he's ran off. I didn't even get a thank you!

I wasnt angry f0r long as i had to stop myself from awing and crying as i saw the two boys be reunited. From what, i don't know. They obviously know each other and are close. I let them have their moment.

I pace at the front of the alley making sure no one is following us. Luckily it's a pretty empty part of town. I can't help that my eyes that drift to Jason who is checking the boy i now know as Jackson. Making sure he's safe whilst not letting go of him. I've never seen Jason act like this, it's really sweet.

I'm minding my business when Jackson tugs my hand and drags me over to Jason who has tears in his eyes.

I'm crushed into a hug with Jason. Jackson is in between us looking like he's on top of the world.

"Thank you so much. Honestly, I'm sorry for what i did. I came back and everything but then i left and then you found my brother-"

I had to cut the guy off to remind him to breath but was caught off guard on the word brother.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you two are brothers? Since when? You never talked of a brother!"

Jason cracked a smile, one i had never seen before but could melt a person's heart.

"Since forever Emma. We were separated after our parents death. I was trying to make some money to help us and our grandmother and was taken. I prayed that he didn't have the same fate, although it seems he didn't have the best life."

I wondered what he meant by that. As i got closer to the boy i saw how his face was covered in blue splotches that I recognised as bruises. I had to stop myself from crying as the child was looking between the two of us so happy. I didn;t want to ruin the mood. I knelt down carefully and slowly to see if i had permission from the child to come closer to him so I could see him better.

He couldn't tell what i was doing and i didn't want him to as it would most likely feel uncomfortable. He needed a nice bath and some food. He was basically skin and bones

"I've got a place you guys can stay if you want. It's not far from here". Jackson was excited about that and waned to go. I couldn't hear Jason's response so I went closer to see what he was doing.

He was...packing his bag.

"Did you sleep here last night? And for other nights?"

He tried not to flinch at the question as his shoulders sagged.

"Yeah, i um faked my death to come be with you but you looked too comfortable there and i didnt want to mess things up so i left. I didnt have anywhere to go so i slept here. I got 50 bucks cash and i was loooking for some jobs, and then you came along. I know its not the best place by any means but it was the only place, and now I'm panicking because i cant have my brother live here. I'm panicking and I don't know what to do, there's too much going on—

"Jason again, breathe! It's ok. If you were listening you would know that I've got it covered. My house is not far from here. I can give you a place to stay".

He was about to cut me off but I managed to silence him.

"I haven't been able to get out of the Avengers towers due to this" and i show him my anklet. I make up a lie about my identity as the Menace and my powers as i trust no one with that secret no mater how close they are to me.