Chapter 29

EMMA'S POV
I have a distinct feeling of someone holding me, trying to comfort me as i try to wake up. I fling open my eyes hoping to see my mom and that these past few months have just been a really long dream. Perhaps my mom has cut down work and is able to spend more time with me. I really want her with me right now.

But i now see that I'm alone. Like always. She's not here. No one is. Why is it that the things i really want, i can never seem to get? Why can't i just wake up from this nightmare. The pain from my anger overtakes me. I don't do this often but i really feel the urge to.

I stand up and go all around my room smashing anything in sight whilst crying my eyes out in anger and pain. I cry for all the unfairness in my life and how i always seemed to be used. This is one of my best coping mechanisms but I don't do it often because it destroys everything. Yeah sure, i do go to rage rooms but it's a bit of a trek even by using the rooftops as the Menace. I usually just smash some deserted trash cans in alleyways. I've destroyed things like this (my own things) only 3 times in my life including this one. It's not even that bad in my opinion. I usually exert my energy and crash out not thinking of the consequences. I know when i wake up ill either be numb or angry at everything, even people chewing quietly. I'll stay in my room for the time being. Sadly, i still seem to care for people when they don't care for me.

As i fall asleep whilst crying for the second time today all that's running through my mind is how no one truly cares for me. My whole families dead and I have no friends. It's not that i don't mind the peace, because i do. I like spending time alone but not allot he time. It's just the fact that i know there's no one waiting for me, that's what gets me. I want to forgive Peter but i just don't think i can. Not yet anyway.

I really want my mom to tell me that everything is fine. Ill get into the school i want and my perfect career. But i don't think it will be. I've been made into a killing machine which somehow managed to catch feelings for someone there. Sure they were bad guys, but it was kill or be killed and although life wasn't great i's like to think i still had meaning. Plus there was so much i wanted to do. Also the bad place isn't full of bad people. There;'s some nice hotties in the mix, if you know what i mean.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
PETER'S POV

I was walking towards Emma's room. It seemed no one else payed attention as to how much that talk pained Emma. Yeah sure, they were worried but I could see the hidden pain. I needed to make sure she was doing ok. I don't want her feeling how i felt this morning. I'm feeling a bit better than this morning, but it's not a feeling that comes and goes lightly. Also i can't get her remembering my favourite breakfast out of my head. She's honestly an angel, it's sos sad she doesn't see it that way and I know that it's partly my fault.

I was carrying her childhood teddy in my hands. When we were around 10 she came over. I wasn't feeling great as things were happening between May and Tony. In order to comfort me she hugged me and gave me her bear, which she mentioned on very many occasions were special to her as it was given to her by her Dad. I didn't want to take it, but she said that i needed it's happy powers more than me. I tried to return it many years later, but she still refused. I was hoping to give back some of that love today. I won't mention to her that i have slept with it every night though. I have standards.

I knock on her door loud enough but I receive no answer. I try again and receive the same response. I inch the door ope a smidge to see if the bathroom door is closed and she's busy, but it;s wide open with the door closed. So i open the door fully and find her sprawled out in bed. I was so focused on how uncomfortable she looked that i didn't notice the mess of the room.