Chapter 22

A/N: PLEASE READ TO THE END FOR A SURPRISE!

PETER'S POV
I was coming back from my daily walk. Usually i would swing. But for the past couple of months that Emma's been gone I haven't felt like it. I now only swing for missions. I mean all in all life has been ok. Me and May spend quality time together every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday no matter what. Tony and pepper also treat me as their own, and so i spend my other free time with hem and the avengers. My friends are good, although since Emma's gone my life doesn't feel right. We used to be best friends, until i started hanging out with Ned and MJ. But i managed to get the biggest crush on her. I felt as thought i should tell her, yet in that same time i became spider man, and i didn't want to endanger her. So i moved on physically, not mentally. No one know that i like Emma, or how much i regret not staying friends with her. And so her disappearance has hit me very hard. As well as the avengers searching for her, i try myself each night. Recently we have made no progress.

We also have a new addition to us. Emma's mom. Sure she's ok, but i kept replaying all of my memories of Emma and how she never talked about her mom. I also got a reaction from my spider tingle when i see her and I don't know why. I mean sure I've seen people upset, yet it feels like there's more emotions going through her. I wonder what happened between them.

I'm currently 2 minutes from the tower listening to 'Cigarette Daydreams' by Cage the Elephant. Music has become my therapy. Everyone is in a bad mood. I cant deal with all of the emotions. It's too much. I know aunt Nat feels the worst. I know all about what happened and I tried my best to comfort her yet i can tell she still feels very bad. We just need Emma home. I need Emma home.

As i walk through the tower i decide to head to the roof. Mr Stark gave me access when he found me wanting to clear my head. Fortunately for me on the way there i get to pass the tech rooms and see the amazing stuff the workers are creating, but what i saw next shocked me

It was a guy around my age on the floor looking as if he was dying. I took my headphones out to see what was properly happening. It seemed this goy was looking for the coffee machine. God he looked demented. I didn't know coffee did that to people. I wouldn't know; i don't like to drink coffee as it heightens my sense A LOT. I was bout to laugh it off when i saw her. And so I tentatively asked "Emma?" Hoping she knows me. I had so many questions. All i heard back was my name and that was enough to push me over the edge. I was ready to tackle her to the ground and just hold her but i know i would be overstepping my boundaries.
"What...what are you doing here? How are you here? Why are you here? Why didn't you tell everyone you're back?"
"And why would i telly us or anyone for that matter that I'm back. Everyone i care about just walked out of my life. My mom's gone and you ditched me at the drop of a hat. So no I don't care about your feelings when no one cared about mine."

I stayed silent. Those words hurt more than she could ever know. But that didn't matter right now. Right now all i needed to do was get her safe with all of us in order to help her wherever she's been. She looked worse for wear.  She was very pale, and she seemed to be walking with a bit of a limp. There's also something not rough with her mind. She seems to think her mom is gone, i think as in dead. But that's not true, as i know her mom is here. And i know she's real because Mr Stark takes a DNA from anyone who personally comes onto the Avengers floor, the first time they visit. Sure he's confident in Jarvis for the rest of the tower, but due to his PTSD he takes precautions like this very seriously, in which i don't blame him. He's so lucky to have Pepper. The last thing she remembers about me is that i left her. I mean sure its not a very forgettable memory but that happened almost half a year ago. Why would she not bring something more recent up. We make small talk in classes. We last had a disagreement in English on how i didn't think it was enjoyable to watch Fate: the wink Saga. I much prefer Star Wars. Even though we've have our past and little disagreements she always jokes about them the next time we see each other. She never holds a grudge. Her behaviour doesn't make sense.