Chapter 6

Lauren

"What the hell Lauren?" I stopped dragging Alice when we are far enough from Ethan and Ryan.

"What? You were flirting with Ryan." I squinted my eyes at her.

She looked confused for a second before raising her hand and showing four fingers.

"Lauren, tell me how many fingers do you see?" now it is my turn to get confused.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

I am just making sure you have not gone blind within one day."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms in front of me.

"Then what was that before with Ryan?" she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"It's called admiration." She stressed. "I have always admired him and his movies, I can't help it."

"Moreover, he is not my type Lauren." She finished and sighed.

"Are you sure?" I asked trying to confirm her answer.

She glared at me which immediately shut me up.

"So did anything happen with you and Ethan?" she asked me after a moment.

With my widened eyes, I hit her lightly on her shoulder.

"Eww! No." I made a disgusted expression.

"Or maybe caught any feelings." I looked at her like she had grown horns on her head.

"No.... Wait. Actually yes, Hatred. That feeling increased ten folds."

She sighed at my answer.

"At least you married someone rich you could buy anything you want just by a snap." I narrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you even my friend? What type of friend says that." shaking my head, I glared at her.

"You can buy anything you want, any food. Just like that. No restrictions." She wriggled her eyebrows.

My expression changed into realization from confusion at what she meant.

Usually, my mother doesn't allow me to eat whatever I want saying it's not healthy for me.

It's not like she used to take away my birthday cake even before I eat.

It's just that she doesn't allow me to have the third spoon or third piece.

Now as there is no mother to stop me, there are no restrictions.

Me and my food.

That's it.

I sighed dreamily thinking about all the food I can eat.

"Back to earth L." Alice snapped her fingers bringing me back from my dreamland.

"Why did I never realize that? You are definitely my friend." Grinning, I pulled her in for a hug.

"She hugged me back and after a moment we broke the hug.

Alice was about to say something when a familiar voice cut her off.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Ethan's angry voice boomed through the whole mansion.

I turned towards him to see him looking rather glaring at someone.

And here I thought I had already seen his anger.

The anger he showed towards me is nothing compared to his anger right now.

He looked like he could murder someone.