Chapter 35

Lauren

"How long has it been since we three sat together like this?" Sarah wondered out loud eating her salad.

"It's because Lauren ditched eating with us." Leah glared at me playfully.

"What?" I played dumb all the well, knowing they would not buy my act.

Lately, I've been having my lunch with Ethan as he skips his meals being busy in his work. I know he will take a break at least for me to eat if I spend my lunch time with him. Isn't it a win-win situation? He eats his meals and I can spend some time with him.

"Right." Sarah agreed, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"It's nothing like that. We have a lot of work to do, so I decided to just eat at my desk." I shrugged avoiding their eyes and concentrating on my chicken wings.

"At least lie properly, Lauren." Leah shook her head like a disappointed mother.

"Right. We know that you have been having your lunch with Mr Kingston. You both have become inseparable these days." Sarah wriggled her eyebrows and I didn't know how to deny it anymore.

"Well, yes but-" Sarah interrupted me.

"You don't have to explain anything. I know you both are so in love. We were just pulling your leg." Sarah gave me a soft smile.

I didn't know how to respond to the love comment. But that line alone made me feel all giddy inside.

"Also, we missed you," Leah added and my heart melted at her comment.

"Aw, I missed you guys too." I gave them my best smile with sincere eyes.

"And not to mention our silly talks and jokes," I added and they nodded their heads.

"Ah yes, the cringe jokes." Leah fake laughed but stopped when she saw Sarah and mine's glare.

So, what's going on in life lately?" I changed the topic.

"Well, Alex and I are dating. And let's just say except for the times he's being too picky, he is pretty good for me." Sarah started.

"Aw, I always knew you both were soulmates." I gave her a cheeky smile, and she rolled her eyes playfully at me.

"And Leah?" I turned towards her.

And she took a deep breath before opening her mouth.

"Well, I do have something good to share." Sarah and I frowned at Leah's response.

"What is it?" Sarah asked.

"What?" I asked now curious.

"Betty and I decided something. We decided to adopt a baby. Well, anyone who knows Betty, knows that she loves babies. So, this has always been the plan from the start" I widened my eyes at her.

"Oh my god, Leah. Congrats." Sarah giggled happily grabbing Leah's hand.

"Congrats, Leah." I beamed at her after coming out of the shock.

"Stop saying that. It's not like I'm pregnant or anything." She brushed us off but Sarah replied sternly.

"But you are still going to become a mom, Aren't you?"

"So, when are you going to finish the adoption?" I asked and Leah turned towards me.

"There are a lot of formalities, Lauren. First, we have to finish them." I nodded my head understanding her words.

"I'm sure Betty is over the moon right now." Sarah teased and Leah's lips stretched into a big smile. She had that big smile with a content glint in her eyes.