Chapter 18

Lauren

"Hey, Lauren." I looked up from the file I was writing when I heard someone.

Its Alex.

"Alex, Hi. what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I needed to give this file to Sarah. Did you see her anywhere?" he asked me uncertainly.

Sarah?

Okay...

Why do I get this feeling that the file is just a reason to meet Sarah.

"She went to meet Leah. I can give the file to her if you want." I said fully knowing that he would decline.

His face turned down listening to me, clearly disappointed.

"Sure." He said weakly and was about to give the file when I saw Sarah coming back from the elevator.

"You can give it to her yourself," I said gesturing behind him with my eyes.

He looked confused and turned around.

His face instantly graced with a big smile looking at her. When Sarah saw him waiting for her, she gave him a soft smile.

He walked toward her and gave the file to her.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything, but I can comfortably hear him talking to her about going out tonight again or something like that.

She chucked at something he said and nodded at him.

He stared at her for a moment and suddenly turned towards me. To not make it suspicious that I was looking at them, I hid my face under my hand and looked down pretending to write something keenly.

When I didn't hear anything, I peeked up to see him kissing her for a second before rushing out.

When he left, I turned towards Sarah to see her blushing with a big smile.

"What just happened?" I asked her and she sat in front of me still red.

"Nothing. And don't tell anyone." She warned me.

"Did he propose yet?" I asked her curious.

"No. but I think he will do it soon." She answered blushing.

"Ooh... Someone is going to get a ring." I teased her and she tried staying neutral but the smile crawled up her face.

"Stop it, Lauren," she said but I just ignored her.

"I can't wait to spill this to Leah." I said dreamily and she glared at me.

"I hope she doesn't die with excitement." she said and we broke into laughter.

***

The rest of the day passed in a blur and when it was almost time to leave, I walked toward Ethan's office.

My heart skipped a beat when he passed my mind.

It has been two weeks since that night he yelled at me and later made me hot chocolate.

My blood still rushes to my cheeks remembering his actions that night.

I knocked on his door and opened the door when I heard his answer.

"Are you done?" I asked him and he looked up from his laptop.

He was typing something on his laptop when I walked in. I frowned when I saw dark circles under his eyes.

He looked exhausted, weak and not to mention sick.

"Not yet. I'll stay some more time." he said and I frowned at him.