Chapter Four: Plans

"So, you still haven't told her?" Lucas asks as himself and Lilly walk towards their science class.

"No... not yet... Why do you care so much?"
It's a question she's wanted to ask for a while now.
"Because seeing you hopelessly pine for her without knowing if she likes you back is sad to watch."
"It's sad?"

Lucas nods his head somewhat dramatically.
"Oh my god- Yes! We all know you'd be great together and me and Rose want to help you."

Lilly looks at him curiously.
"How can you guys help me?"
"Easy, there are plenty of opportunities for you to say it. We're going to the corn maze this weekend. Boom! You can say it there!" Lucas says, smiling like he's just solved all of her problems.

Confessing her feelings in the middle of a corn maze doesn't sound like the best idea in the slightest.

"I don't know..." She says.
"I think it's genius." Lucas says with a cocky smile on his face.
"We're high and about to do present a PowerPoint about physics. You're not a genius."
"Well, then neither are you, because you're the one who took the edible."

He's right. She's a dumbass the same as he is.

Their PowerPoint goes as well as you'd expect it to go with two high and totally out-of-it teenagers presenting it.
They mosey-on through it and sit down with a bitter, "Well done." from the teacher.

Sixth and seventh period go by in a blur as  Lilly is soon sitting in her car with Ava, driving her home.

When she got her license, Ava had asked if Lilly could drive her home after school since the bus is rowdy and loud in the evening.

Without a second thought, Lilly had said, "Yes".
They live a block away from each other, it really wasn't a big deal.

"How did your science project go?" Ava asks.
Lilly chuckles softly.
"Eh, it went alright. I don't think we got an A, but I'm sure we're fine."
"That's good." Ava says, smiling. "I'm proud of you for... for getting through it... while high."

Lilly pulls into the driveway, thanking Ava and saying her goodbyes.
"See you later, bye." Ava says, stepping out of the car after a lingering second.

Lilly has her plan set in mind as she watches Ava run into her house, she'll tell her in the corn maze.
Never mind anything she thought before about it not being the best idea.

It'll work just fine. It has to work.