Act 11: Phineas New Apprentice:

"Don'tchu wanna get away to a whole new part you're gonna play. 'Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take a ride to the other side..."

The two headed to the circus building where Phineas showed Phillip around at all of the acts that were practiced. 

"So, if you do like I do, so if you do like me. Forget the cage, 'cause we know how to make the key. Suddenly, we're free to fly; we're goin' to the other side so if you do like I do. (To the other side.) So, if you do like me. (Goin' to the other side.) 'Cause if you do. We're goin' to the other side. We're goin' to the other side." They sang, running up to the back stairs, when Phillip stopped, seeing Amelia on the beams. 

He took his hat off when the world seemed to stop the moment that they made eye contact. Amelia felt flustered for that second that felt like it lasted a lifetime, while Phillip looked in amazement, watching the beam swing her back to WD and Anne, who she was performing with. The crowd seemed to be audible again as Amelia continued her act. 

"Who is that?" Phillip asked while Phineas smiled to himself a bit.

"Hey, hey! No one's buying hats back here. Get out front, go!" Phineas said to some of his employees, who were in the back with the acts. "W.D., Anne, Amelia... I wanna introduce my newest hire, Mr. Phillip Carlyle." Phineas smiled, walking over with Phillip.

W.D., Anne's brother, extended his hand to Phillip when Anne looked at Amelia, who had told her about him at the ballet. Anne and Amelia were becoming best friends, so Anne noticed the nervous look on Amelia's face. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you." W.D. smiled, shaking Phillip's hand. 

"Yeah, pleasure," Phillip said when he kept glancing at Amelia.

"Phillip, this is Amelia, my eldest daughter." Phineas smiled, placing a hand on Amelia's back when Phillip looked at her, then at Phineas. 

"Your daughter?" Phillip asked, looking at him.

"And what is your act, Mr. Carlyle?" Anne asked him when he looked at Anne, who was in the purple outfit she matched with W.D. and her bubblegum pink wig. 

"I don't have an act," Phillip said, still looking at Amelia, who was fiddling with her leotard that had sequins on it. 

"Everyone's got an act, Mr. Carlyle." Amelia smiled confidently when she looked up at him, meeting his eyes again before she walked away with Anne. 

Phillip turned to watch them walk away, making Phineas and W.D. exchange a look. Phineas seemed like a proud father.

"Barnum!"

"Yes?" Phineas asked O'Malley, who rushed over to them. 

"You better come see this," O'Malley said, fear in his voice, while Phillip was still looking to where Amelia and Anne walked off. 

"Phillip, keep up!" Phineas yelled, making Phillip snap out of his thoughts and follow Barnum.

~507 words~