Act 29: The Wedding:

*A Few Months Later* 

Charity and Anne were helping get Amelia ready. Caroline and Helen were helping her put her jewelry on, while Anne did her makeup, and Charity was doing her hair. 

"Oh, I feel sick..." Amelia sighed to herself, looking at herself in the mirror. 

"Quit talking while I'm putting your lipstick on." Anne chuckled, making Amelia sigh as she closed her mouth. 

"And you are fine, Mimi. You have been waiting for this for months." Charity smiled when she put the last of the pearls in Amelia's hair.

"That doesn't make this day any less nerve-racking..." Amelia mumbled when Anne gave her a look. "Well, then hurry up... Lipstick should not take this long, Anne," Amelia said, sounding like she was freaking out.

"Okay, I'm done," Anne said when Amelia looked in the mirror. 

She wore a long, white gown, with lace at the neckline. She had long, lace sleeves, and a long veil. She had her hair up, with pearls, practically, on every strand. 

"You look like a princess." Helen smiled when she hugged her big sister. 

Charity, Anne, Caroline, and Helen were wearing light blue gowns, while Caroline and Helen wore flowers in their hair.

After a few minutes, Phillip moved to stand with the archbishop that they got. W.D. stood with him, while the others were sitting in the audience. It was not the general church wedding; but did anyone expect any less from Phillip and Amelia, who were having their wedding in a circus tent? 

Lettie moved to sing when there were trumpets. Tom came out on a horse, making the group laugh at him pretending to shoot his guns. Tom's mother was in the crowd, smiling as she watched him. Then Anne walked after, walking with Caroline and Helen who were spreading rose petals until they moved over to the side. Lettie began to sing the typical wedding song, "Here Comes the Bride"

The room stood up as Phillip turned to see Amelia, standing in all white, walking in between her parents. They walked up, when Charity kissed Amelia's cheek, moving to join Caroline and Helen when Amelia turned to her father. 

"You're so grown up now..." Phineas smiled, looking at his eldest daughter. "What happened to the times where you were as little as Helen, twirling around as your mother hang up the bed sheets?" Phineas asked, when Amelia smiled at her dad, wiping his tear with her thumb.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy, Dad..." Amelia chuckled when Phineas moved to kiss her forehead before they turned to Phillip.

 Phineas extended his hand when Phillip went to shake it, but Phineas pulled him into a hug. He moved back, moving to stand with his wife when the archbishop began the ceremony.

The group headed to the Barnum house that they just got back from the back, where they all talked, enjoying the ceremony. Phillip stood with W.D. and Anne, as he watched Amelia dance with her sisters. 

"I would like to make a toast," Phineas spoke up, tapping his glass and making everyone look at him. "I would like to congratulate the newlyweds... Phillip and Amelia." Phineas smiled when everyone clapped as Phillip walked over to his wife. "And I know that Amelia will give me a "come on, dad" look, but I just wanted to say how proud I am of the young woman that she grew up to be... And to welcome Phillip into the family." Phineas smiled when the others clapped as Amelia smiled at her father.

"Thank you, Daddy." Amelia smiled, walking over to hug her dad. 

"To the newlyweds!" Lettie exclaimed as everyone chanted after. 

After everyone moved to sit around and talk, Phillip was dancing with Helen on his feet, while Anne was twirling Caroline around. 

"He's gonna make a great father," Lettie confessed, looking at Amelia. Amelia just smiled at Lettie, before looking back at Phillip dancing with Helen.

~653 words~