Act 23: Friendship:

The next evening, Anne came over, sitting in Amelia's room. "So, you just left?" Anne asked, looking around in the little jewelry box that Charity gave to Amelia when she was little while sitting at Amelia's vanity. 

"Yeah... We're just too different... come from different worlds." Amelia sighed, laying on her bed and looking up at the ceiling.

"Your father is known all the way in England... Your mother came from a wealthy family... You're practically the star of the circus, and your sister does ballet. How is that any different from someone who grew up in wealth and gave it up to work at a circus?" Anne asked, turning around to see Amelia sigh to herself. 

"You didn't see the way his parents looked at me... They were disgusted." Amelia sighed to herself. 

"And he doesn't agree with them, Mimi. This whole "different worlds" thing is all in your head. He likes you." Anne said, moving to sit next to Amelia, lying next to her. 

"Then why did he drop my hand at the opera? Why does he avoid me when he's at the museum?" Amelia asked, when Anne sighed, not knowing an answer. 

"I don't know..." Anne sighed when she looked up at the ceiling. 

"I wish things were just easier. Like money or social class didn't matter... But what kind of perfect world is that?" Amelia scoffed to herself when they just stayed there. 

"Sounds like a world that only lives in our dreams, Mimi." Anne sighed, looking at her best friend.

The two became very close over these few months, and they just spent several days, just talking and giving each other advice.

~276 words~