Act 12: Amelia's Crush:

Meanwhile, Amelia was kicking herself when she sat at her little vanity, where she would get ready. "Why did I say that? Oh, my--" Amelia scoffed to herself when Anne moved to sit next to her. 

"I think you made an impression. Don't worry; I saw how he looked at you, Mimi." Anne smiled at her, rubbing her arm. 

Amelia had been kicking herself and did not know where the confidence came from. She felt like she ruined her chance of an impression with Phillip. But what she did not notice was he couldn't take his eyes off of her, and he also felt that at that moment they were like the only people in the world during that moment.

"He didn't look at me... Besides... w-we're from two different words." Amelia sighed, fiddling with the hem of her tutu. 

"He just joined the circus... And he did look at you like he was mesmerized." Anne smiled when she kept trying to reassure Amelia, who was obviously freaking out over nothing. 

"Yeah, right..." Amelia scoffed before looking up to see her reflection. 

She had her hair in a bun with a yellow ribbon tied around it. She looked at the shiny makeup that could make her stand out with all the lights. Then, she looked down at the yellow leotard with the sequins on it in a design. She glanced at the white tutu and white tights, then the white-pinkish ballet shoes. 

"No guy has ever looked at me, nor will they ever..." Amelia said when Anne moved to hug her. 

"You doubt yourself too much, Mimi," Anne said, looking at her in the mirror. 

Because it's true... Amelia thought to herself, looking at her best friend.

~287 words~