Act 14: Meeting the Queen:

After about a week, the circus, Phillip, and the Barnums took a ship to England to meet Queen Victoria. 

"Why aren't we in tails?" W.D. asked Phineas and Phillip, who were walking in front of the group in black coattails; meanwhile everyone, besides Charity, Helen, and Caroline, was in their costumes. 

"We're the entertainment," Phineas said when Amelia looked at Anne nervously.

"Don't see you in a costume," Lettie spoke up when Phillip glanced back at Amelia, who was walking with Anne in her yellow and white outfit. 

Phillip looked away when they stopped at the entrance. He motioned for them to be quiet when Amelia glanced back at her mom nervously.

"Your Majesty, Mr. Phineas T. Barnum and his... oddities from America!"

After being announced, Phineas and Phillip walked out first, and the others followed them. "Wow... We are even bigger freaks here..." Amelia whispered to Anne while they looked around at the men in tailcoats and the women in beautiful gowns. 

Amelia did not have a lot growing up. But she was well-loved. Her mother taught her how to sew, and they made most of Amelia's and her sisters' clothes. So, when Amelia joined her father's circus, she made some money out of it. But she just kept the money in little jars in her closet. So far, it was only a little less than two jars. 

"I know..." Anne whispered back when they continued to look around the room. 

Phillip stopped, making the others stop. He stopped before the queen when the room started to whisper about them. "Your Majesty. May I present Mr. Barnum..." Phillip smiled before standing to the side to let Phineas walk in front. 

"The honor is mine, Mr. Barnum." The queen smiled when the group bowed their heads to her. "And I've heard all about your little colonel from my friends in America." Queen Victoria continued when Tom peered from behind Phillip.

"General, ma'am." Tom smiled, making the room look at him.

"You're even smaller than I imagined." Queen Victoria said, sounding shocked. 

"Well, you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart," Tom said bluntly, making the room gasp as Lettie, Amelia, Phineas, Phillip, Anne, and the others sighed, hoping that they did not get embarrassed further. 

But the seriousness went away when Queen Victoria began to laugh hysterically. Soon enough, the whole room laughed with her.

~392 words~