Wonderland

"Of course the one time I bank on them being in the lab, they're not in the lab," Sam huffs, while your eyes wander flickering to all the machines and technology you'd never seen before. "FRIDAY, can you tell Tony and Bruce that I'm in the lab waiting for them?"

"Of course," FRIDAY announces.

You look around the room, startled. "Who was that?"

"That was FRIDAY- an AI. And before you ask, that is an explanation I'm not really capable of giving you-" Then you hear Sam's phone start to ring, as he pulls out his phone, he says, "Of course, it's Fury, the man has the worst timing. Listen, I'm going to take this, but wait here, okay?" You eagerly nod, paying more attention to the strange machines in the unfamiliar room. "And don't touch anything!"

You look around the room, surrounded by all kinds of unfamiliar equipment and technology. You keep Sam's warning in mind, but you're distracted by all the novelty of everything surrounding you.

In your peripheral, you see a bright blue light inside a large glass container. Entranced by this strange object, you find yourself slowly stepping towards it, your hand absentmindedly reaching out to touch it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a voice warns, jolting you out of your stupor.

"I wasn't touching anything!" you reflexively call out, whirling around to see a stranger at the door of the lab.

"I just saw you," Tony points out.

"Oh...right," you nervously chuckle. "It just looked so pretty," you coo, turning to look at it again.

"Yeah, pretty until it kills you. That's what the big warning sticker on the front is for. Do people not read nowadays?" he asks sarcastically.

You shrug, absently replying, "Er...I dunno."

Tony takes another step toward you, snapping his fingers to get your attention. Your head snaps to the unfamiliar man, who's definitely getting a little annoyed at the strange situation. "Probably should've asked this first, but who are you? And what are you doing in my lab?"

"Sam told me to wait here," you state confidently, finally focusing your attention on the man in front of you.

"And where is Wilson? You'd think he'd be here considering he called me down here."

"Nick called him."

"Nick?"

"Nick Fury," you clarify. "I don't know why, probably to check on me."

"Fury calls Sam to check on you?" Tony asks in disbelief. "Okay, let's circle back to who you are?"

You give him your first name, your only name considering you don't have a last name. At least until Sam sorts that out. Tony nods suspiciously and tells FRIDAY to get Sam back down here ASAP.  Then another unfamiliar man walks in. "Um...hello." He holds out his hand to you, "I'm Dr. Banner- Bruce Banner."

You reach out and shake his hand like Sam taught you, and give him your name. You study the man in front of you, making Bruce nervously ask Tony, "Uh, Tony, what's she doing in here?"

"Still trying to piece that together myself," Tony mutters, intently watching your every move.

"Sam, told me to wait here," you re-state, awkwardly standing there rocking back and forth on your feet. They both look equal parts irritated, amused, and anxious by you, and given your limited social capabilities, you're unsure of how to diffuse the tension, so you remain standing there trying to keep a smile on your face.

Then, finally, in walks Sam. "Great, you're both here. This is-"

"We know already," Tony interrupts. "Now would you like to explain why she's coming in here and touching things like she can't read a caution label?"