Bonus Chapter: Going To The Chapel And They're Gonna Get Married

"Sam," Steve hisses, keeping his voice low so Bucky can't hear him from the other side of the door. "Where are you?"

"I know, I know," Sam says, his phone pressed in the crook of his neck and ear. He briskly exits the SHIELD offices, ignoring the side-eyes and grumbles as he jogs to his car. "I just left. I'm on my way now."

"On your way?" Steve echos angrily, loud enough that he catches Nat's attention. "We are at DEFCON 1 right now."

"Why? What happened?"

"What didn't happen? We've got a bride that we can only distract so long before she finds out you're not here. A very stressed out groom. People are already here and there's about a million other things that are all going wrong all at once."

"That doesn't sound so bad. Get Wanda and Nat-"

"And I might've lost the rings," Steve winces, anxiously scanning the area to make sure no one else heard him. Nat tries to catch his eye to ask him what's wrong, but he pretends not to notice.

"What?!" Sam exclaims, now fully shouting into the phone. "How do you lose- You had one job!"

"I had a lot of jobs!" Steve defends.

"Oh my God, Buck's just going to kill you. Kill you dead."

"Well I've been running around for hours trying to make sure that everything is just right and I put them down for a second, but I went to grab them and they weren't there," Steve rants. "And now I can't find them anywhere! How long now?"

"In the last two minutes that we've been on the phone I've made two minutes of progress, Steve," Sam retorts, haphazardly starting his car.

"I'm just going to tell him what happened, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Oh no, you don't!" Sam interjects. "You don't bother the people getting married on their wedding day. Everyone knows that. And especially not when we're the ones that talked them into the wedding."

"So you want me to lie?" Steve anxiously asks.

"No!" Sam immediately replies, knowing that Steve couldn't lie to save his life. "Omit. I want you to omit until you find the rings."

"Omit," Steve mutters, trying to convince himself that he can keep this to himself. "Okay, I can omit. I can do that."

"I'll be there soon, just retrace your steps. I'm sure they're around there somewhere."

"Yeah," Steve doubtfully agrees.

It's only a few minutes into Steve's intense scouring that Nat drags him into an isolated corridor to demand to know the cause of his strange, erratic behavior.

"What is going on?" Nat questions, staring Steve down.

Steve squirms under Nat's intense glare. It only intensifies as he presses his lips together to keep his secret. He tries to keep it to himself, but he blurts, "I lost the rings!"

"You what?" Wanda gasps from behind Nat. "Oh my God, this is bad. This is so bad."

"Okay, we are not going to do is panic," Nat orders, raising her hands to calm both Steve and Wanda. "Steve, retrace your steps. Wanda, go distract the bride. I'll help Steve look. And no one tell either of them, you hear me? They don't find out about this."

"Right," Steve nods obediently.

All three of them fan out to find the rings and keep you in the dark about what was transpiring. It was like a mad dash for Steve, going to each of the places he'd been to in this mid-sized venue and he had yet to find anything.