03: Partners

(Your POV)

The bell rang for first period. Gwen and I walked together to History and when we sat down, she immediately went on her phone and checked a news article.

You: What's on the news?

Gwen: Oh, just something about this Spider-Man joining teams with Spider-Woman and working together to fight crime.

You: Oh really?

Out of curiosity, I ask what she thinks about Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. I want to know what she thinks about me and about that copycat.

Gwen: Well, Spider-Woman has been around way longer than Spider-Man. I think he's just trying to copy her and stuff.

You: Seriously? There has been no sightings of Spider-Man before this was announced?

Gwen: I mean, some people have said that he's been covering only a little bit of the city. I think he just doesn't want to be found out. And then he slowly crept into Spider-Woman's territory and that's when he was discovered.

You: Oh.

Gwen: The whole city was Spider-Woman's territory. Spider-Man has no right to try and sabotage her.

You: Wow, you really are a fan if this Spider-Woman.

Gwen: Um... She makes me into a better person, that's all. Plus, we don't know much about this Spider-Man, maybe he's evil.

You: Hmm... If that's what you think.

I'm upset that Gwen isn't a fan of me, which gives me determination to be better than that Spider-Woman. I need to cover more ground than her, which means I need to get into more of the city instead of staying in my only little spot.

After the tardy bell rang, class was now in session. The teacher immediately gave us a project to do with a partner of our choosing. It was to write an essay and make a presentation that was related to something of history.

It could be about a war, a historical figure, someone famous, etc. If it/they made a huge impact on history, we could do our project about it/them. We were given until next week to finish it, which was honestly a bunch of time.

Obviously, my partner was going to be Gwen. We both looked at each other and knew we wanted to be partners. When the teacher let us begin, me and Gwen started brainstorming on what or who to write on.

(Timeskip)

After school, Gwen said she was going to work on the project at home so she could come to school with a lot of information. I didn't want her to do it alone, so I asked to come work on it at home with her. She agreed since her parents aren't going to be home until night.

We're in her room right now, doing the writing part for our person. We decided to do our project about Alexander Hamilton, a founding father who fought and led the Revolutionary War and helped write The Federalist Paper. It was easy to make our project about him, due to the fact that there's a Musical about him.

Once we were done with the writing part, I decided that it was good for now and started packing up.

You: Alright, the writing part is done. All we gotta do is the presentation, edit and revise our stuff and we should be good.

Gwen: Yeah, good work today.

You: You too. Should I come over again tomorrow?

Gwen: Of course, it'd be nice to get this done quickly.

You: Cool. Should I get your phone number just in case you have to cancel.

Gwen: Yeah!

Me and Gwen exchanged phone numbers and after that, I left and quickly went to my house. I gotta do my Spider-Man chore.