17: Angry Spider

(Your POV)

After what happened today, my mind couldn't stop thinking about my fight with Gwen. It makes me upset that the woman I had a crush on, and who also had a crush on me, now hates me. But I'm hoping my duty with Spider-Woman today helps me take my mind off of it.

I swing to our meet spot and see that she's already on the roof, pacing around back and forth. I land behind her and dust myself off.

Spider-Woman: (mumbling)

You: Hey!

I try and get her attention but she's too lost in her own thoughts, mumbling something I can't understand.

Spider-Woman: (mumbling)

You: Um...

Spider-Woman: (mumbling) freaking jerk...

You: You okay?!

I grab her shoulder but she immediately pushes me away.

Spider-Woman: BACK OFF!!

You: Sorry, I was just-

Spider-Woman: GO AWAY!!

You: Okay, okay! Same time, same place tomorrow.

I began to run the opposite direction but Spider-Woman shot a web at my back and stopped me. I turn around to see her holding the end of the web.

Spider-Woman: Wait! I'm sorry, just angry! I don't mean to take it out in you!

You: Oh... Can I come back?

Spider-Woman: Yes please!

You: Okay.

I remove the web from my back and go up to her.

You: What's the matter?

Spider-Woman: It's the guy I like, he's a big fat jerk!

She said as she sat down on the edge of the building. I sit next to her and pat her back.

You: What'd he do?

Spider-Woman: He's just stupid! Everything we do together was a chance to get closer and closer to him but he's too blind to even notice that I like him. And then he goes and kisses another girl!

You: Seriously?

Spider-Woman: Yeah! Isn't that ridiculous?! Like, if he had someone else in his life, he could've told me!

You: Wow. I'm sorry. I kind of get what you're feeling. Remember how I said the girl that I like was with some other guy, holding onto him and stuff?

Spider-Woman: Yeah! It's stupid, why can't people just say to us that there's someone else so we don't have to waste our time trying to get at them!

You: For real... But after that, my crush and I aren't really friends anymore.

Spider-Woman: (scoffs) No kidding, the guy that I like? Hate him.

You: Yeah... We can talk more after our Spider duty tonight.

Spider-Woman: Okay...

We both stand up and she gives me a hug, which in response I immediately hug her back.

Spider-Woman: At least I have you to talk about this stuff with. We both get each other a lot.

You: Yeah, I'm happy that I have you.

After a few seconds, we both web in a direction and started swinging.

(Timeskip)

Just now, me and Spider-Woman took down 2 burglars trying to break into a small store and steal whatever they wanted. We've taken them out on the street and I've got one of them webbed up already on a wall.