Chapter 8

After Felix was named the winner of the games, he got to party with Peter Pan. He was named winner and sat in the center of the fire. All the boys danced around him, well the surviving boys danced around him. The fire was big and bright, a little too warm for Nase but he could deal with it. 

He was happy for Felix, that boy never seemed to have it easy in life, that is what Nase gathered, he could be wrong though, Nase was never the trusting kind but he seemed to be able to read people well. Well people who were a little younger than him. He could not read the famous Peter Pan who gives Rumpelstiltskin daddy issues but who cares doesn't everyone have some kind of issue with one of their parents, maybe even both.

Nase sat in the roots of the tree house or house made out a tree where all the boys would stay, he feels like a poor person but he not going to voice that out loud, he is one bougie bitch but who's counting, well he is but the view of the sky is beautiful though. The stars are the clearest here. Where he was staying previously the sky seemed like a blackhole, a cloud of smoke always covered it. 

Nase looked towards Felix again, he was gifted a leafy green cloak that covered up his ragged hair. He looked less jittery than before, he might actually survive. Nase got up from the root and dusted off his pants. He headed towards Felix. Pan had left and Nase took the opportunity to talk to his friend. 

"Hey Felix, how does it feel to win," he grinned with a small jazz hand and sat down next to him. "I see you have gotten a new item to your wardrobe."

Felix looked shyly away. 

Nase could die of a cuteness overload, he was like a cat, like one of those stray cats he comes across who shyly look at you when you give them affection for the first time. Nase made a silent vow to protect Felix. 

"Pan made me his second in command, apparently his old one was thrown into mermaid lagoon."

Felix gave Nase a knowing grin and Nase grinned back.

"Already in a high position, I am proud to be your friend Felix. I bet you can give me some perks," he laughed, playfully elbowing Felix in the side. "Anything else you talk to Pan about," Nase had not forgotten his mission, just got side tracked meeting a new friend. 

"Not really, he just congratulated me and gifted me this cloak and flew away muttering something about dust and a shadow."

"Wow, that really sounds boring," Nase replied.

"Yep, so wanna play hide and seek in the dark?"

Nase thought for a minute, it would kind of be unfair, he could see in the dark but it would be fun. 

"Sure!"