v. 𝐈 𝐀𝐈𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃

AFTER YESTERDAY'S SQUABBLE, Maverick suggests some 'team bonding' time, because clearly we are not a team

AFTER YESTERDAY'S SQUABBLE, Maverick suggests some 'team bonding' time, because clearly we are not a team. So here we are on the beach playing dog fight football, offense and defense at the same time. Did I mention all of these hot military men are not wearing shirts? It's hot and sweaty.

    Of course we had no idea that this would be going on today, so no one was prepared. Heck, Phoenix and I are wearing sports bras and shorts. We separated into teams, Hangman and Rooster being the captains: Hangman, Bob, Fanboy, Yale, Omaha and me vs. Rooster, Phoenix, Payback, Fritz, Harvard and Coyote. Hondo was the ref.

    I'm a pretty competitive person, but not really when it comes to football, I've never been interested in it. But today was fun. Everyone was running around, catching and throwing the balls, tackling each other, and just laughing. It was a good time.

    Of course there was a little rivalry between Hangman and Rooster, but isn't there always? Being on Hangman's team, of course I had to play into being super competitive to Rooster.

    "Suck my dick, Bradshaw!" I yelled as I ran past him, making a touchdown for my team.

    "Don't worry I'm trying, Austin."

I threw the football at his head, wiping that shit eating grin right off his face.

My team threw their hands up in celebration, Fanboy high-fiving me as we got back into position. We played a couple more rounds, each team scoring some more, but after a while we stopped counting. We were too busy enjoying each other's company.

Phoenix was running with the ball, so I ran after her and tackled her to the ground. We laid on the sand in a fit of laughter for a while, having too much fun.

"I think we're ready to go pro." I say as I help her up.

"Totally."

Rooster's team scored a point. Coyote and him did a celebratory chest bump, then Rooster did a little victory dance that was incredibly attractive. I found myself staring a little bit, but I couldn't let myself get distracted by his really hot and sweaty, shirtless-

"Riot, Heads-up!" Hangman yelled. Somehow I managed to catch the ball and get my head back into the game. I ran through Phoenix and Payback, dodging their attempts to tackle me. But when I ran past Rooster he grabbed me around my hips, causing me to go down with him. But more like on top of him.

"You literally just fell for me, didn't you May?" He smirks at me.

"Because you pulled me down with you!" I shout, grabbing the ball and running away. And boom, I made another touchdown.

"WOOOOO!" Hangman yells running up to me. "I think we won, Rooster." He says looking down at Rooster, just laying in the sand. He picks me up over his shoulder. And starts heading to the water.

"Oh my god, Hangman, what are you doing?" I shriek as he wades into the ocean. He says nothing and just smiles.

"Hangman put me down!!"